Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few day ago I rode in a manual car for the first time (Believe it). It was some crummy Mazda thing. Although it was ugly and slow, It looked fun to drive, I didn't drive it since it was his mom's. It was slow and my Dad's Cavalier would of been a good race, but I guess the ricer in me is tingling because high rpms all the time for no reason is fun.

However, I don't regret buying my T/A or Z28, but I'm definitely making my next car purchase a Mustang...er, wait I meant to say manual.

I'm really considering throwing my money away on some crummy car. I was saving up for a truck, while working on my T/A and Camaro, but maybe it would be fun to drive a tuner? Whaaaaaat?

What?

Talk.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I have a Cobalt that I use for my winter driver (and will soon be traded in for a Camaro once the economy gets a little better). Anyway, it's got the 2.2 motor in it w/ about 150 horsepower and the manual.

Even though it's the slowest car I've ever owned, having the 5 speed makes it quite the fun little car. You can do gratuitous revving, pop the clutch off the line and downshift for no reason. Never mind the fact that the 0-60 time is somewhere in the 9 second range, it's still FUN!

Obviously having an LS3 under the hood to go w/ the manual makes it that much more fun!

·
Admin/ChevyBlazerRep
4,638 Posts
The only manual car i have driven was a triumph spitfire

·
Registered
63 Posts
My current DD is a 98 Integra, 5 speed, and I must admit the car is FUN! I get challenged at least 5 times a week by random weirdos and even though it's like a 1.8, I whip ass most of the time (mostly because I'm get on the shift and because I'm fast off the line)... but the Teg's 0-60 is like 5 minutes LOL.. however! If I'm challenged while already cruising- since it's usually some jerk in a random nothing, I can leave them in the dust dropping down a gear....I've driven a few sticks though and so far the most fun has been the R/T I test drove a month ago. It makes me REALLY look forward to how fun it will be in my new SS when it arrives.

I may drive a tuner (until I sell it when the SS arrives), but she's FUN!

·
Registered
4,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I talked to the kid and he is gonna let me drive it this monday so that'll be sweet! Lol...

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
manuals do make slow cars more fun... but remember they don't make them more powerful ;)

you can have waaaay more fun in a manual car with some power under the hood :muhaha:

·
Registered
589 Posts
There is nothing more fun then downshifting into a turn and coming out of the turn in a low gear with high rpms and your foot to the floor.

·
Registered
738 Posts
Agreed. It's been about 8-9 years since I've driven a manual. They can be great fun.

But I still refuse to buy one. There's nothing fun about bumper to bumper traffic and barely getting into second half a second before you have to go back into first.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Thankfully I dont drive in traffic anymore. I was going to get a G8 but since I wanted a manual I am holding out for the camaro. I cant afford a G8 GXP.

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
I went from my 89 IROC L98 to my 93 GT to get the 5 speed. The Mustang was a lot of fun to drive, but it was still very slow.

Tuner car? I would rather poke my eye out.

·
Registered
4,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
LOL, I actually have a good 5 speed plan I'm working on...

I might be getting a Carb'd 305 bored .030 with a bunch of mods... I'd make it a 334 stroker and drop it in a 82-84 Camaro. Add a widebody kit (not very noticeable) and make it an autocross car. :D

I don't really like Tuners, but Nissan's Z timeline is impressive.

·
Registered
71 Posts
LOL, I actually have a good 5 speed plan I'm working on...

I might be getting a Carb'd 305 bored .030 with a bunch of mods... I'd make it a 334 stroker and drop it in a 82-84 Camaro. Add a widebody kit (not very noticeable) and make it an autocross car. :D

I don't really like Tuners, but Nissan's Z timeline is impressive.
The best thing to do is to be as unbiased as possible with your car. Whatever gives you the most joy out of driving is what you should get. Just because a car is made by X company and has X labels on it doesn't make it any less fun.

You've just experienced that. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
589 Posts
I hate that hood but the rest isnt so bad.

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
American Sports Car Design. I haven't seen that stuff in a LONG time. That's the IROC turbo hood, I believe.

Way off topic, but I'm in Delmont this weekend. It makes me miss home. I'm jealous you live up here, but we can't find any quality jobs.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
drove a 90 Z24 Cavailer 2 days ago.what is up with the clutch pedal travel.I **** neared let my foot completely off in order for it to start grabbin:confused:
Are all gm straight drives like that? or is it just chevy or that particular model?

·
Registered
4,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
American Sports Car Design. I haven't seen that stuff in a LONG time. That's the IROC turbo hood, I believe.

Way off topic, but I'm in Delmont this weekend. It makes me miss home. I'm jealous you live up here, but we can't find any quality jobs.

Oh yeah? You should come out to greensburg quick and meet me at work! ;)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts