Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As sure as the sun rises and God makes little green apples, there will always be a Chevrolet Corvette. Exactly what the next generation of America's most revered sports car will bring is the topic of intense study within General Motors, however.

More...

·
Registered
120 Posts
I don't know what to think about that write up. As far as different models they already have it base/Z06/ZR1, and the ZR1 stack up against higher priced performance cars along with being very reasonably priced compared to Ferarri Models.

Its probably a good thing that the base models are priced where they are. If you have the money to dedicate to one, then you also have the ability to make a good decision about whether this car is right for your life at the time. If the car was say 35-40k how many college grads would go out and buy one with financing for X years only to end up married and getting ready to have kids before the thing is even paid off. At least with our camaro's you can put a baby seat in the back if you really need to.

But if they want to sell more corvette's it might work, it just seems like they would have to sacrifice a lot of performance to reduce the price considerably and then it just isn't a corvette anymore.

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
It seems to me that they have already attempted a more affordable Corvette that did not take off -- the Solstice and Sky.

The only thing that I think they could consider is possibly making a Sol-sky rehash under Chevrolet while also giving Buick a version to have some halo affect in the showroom.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Exactly right. I had a Solstice GXP before I bought my camaro. Sure they are really good performance for what you pay. 29,000 for a 2.0L Turbo 260hp and with a heavy foot I still averaged 24 mpg. But let's face facts, its not a Corvette. They are quick but not a whole lot of low-end torque feeling like these V8's and not near as fast. It just seems that a two seater with very little trunk space is a small market to begin with, why take chances to sell a few more cars and make a great brand look bad.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts