Modern Camaro Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
I will have to see just how upside down i am on my trade in. Its already hard enough to wait this long, dont really want to wait any longer. Plus the will power will be very low after it is out.

·
Registered
330 Posts
i will definately be 'shopping around' i will get one first year, but if i have to talk to 400 dealers, i WILL find one without the super mark up. and i will let them know it. if we all do that, then they will see that their customers are not going to fall for that 'should be illegal', greedy marketing tactic.

·
Premium Member
3,867 Posts
When it comes time, I'm hoping people here will post dealers here that don't have a markup, and are happy with the 3% they get from the manufacturer, plus maybe $100 or so. Once I find one of those "$100 over invoice", I'll be ordering mine, no matter where they are.

·
Registered
330 Posts
yup, the car was meant to be driven. it wont be the first time i have went 200 miles to pick up a camaro. as long as the savings are enough to cover the trip... not going that far to save 100, but if its 2000 cheaper, then i will fly to get it.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I think there will definately be markup for the first few from each dealership but if you wait a couple months...that should fall out. Heck...all ya gotta do is when they say 5,000 over invoice...just say "Yea, guess I'll go look at a mustang"... That should change their mind.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I think if GM has a sales goal in mind, they will be sorely disappointed when they don't hit due to the 'markups'. I was talking with a salesman at our local dealership, and he was saying idiots are already paying $500 non refundable to be put on a list for the first orders.

I have sold all my extra toys and have $32K and counting waiting on the new Camaro, but I will be damned if I pay a dealer more for the sake of 'first' ownership. GM dealers did this when the Duramax came out, so I waited 3 years and then bought at invoice- so I would imagine I will have to do the same with the Camaro.

I think I will be very discouraged if I have to wait, this 'no car' time sucks!

ETA: Spelling

·
Registered
247 Posts
Last time I checked, GM nor any other auto manufacturer had any control whatsoever over how much an individual dealership charged for vehicles. The basic law of supply and demand will rule unfortunately. Now, if GM puts out a decent supply from the onset, well....that could be very good for us! Business wise it may not make sense for them to do that until they can tell what the demand actually is in the first place. Watching all this with great interest though! My experience in the past has shown that markups on in demand cars are always over the top. Hopefully the supply will increase after the initial hoopla cools down and we can get them at invoice or at the very most, MSRP. I'm holding out for my GM certificate when the crazies get done paying ove the top for the first ones just to have bragging rights. None of it makes sense:screwy:

I also hope as you guys have said that we post the names and addresses of dealerships who are not marking up. They deserve our business and will certainly get mine.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
GM pulled the camaro/firebird because they claim there were poor sales. Maybe everywhere else other than Houston. It used to seem that every other car on the street was a camaro or firechicken. I think demand will be high, just hope that supply will be also.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.