Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Need some help!! After seeing Selena's BB stripes...I am sold. Love the way they come down over the mail slot and over the rear spoiler. So I called vinylgraphics.net and they have the Glossy black that is warrantied but the Warrantied Matte black will not be out until the end of the month. Understanding that I have to get what I want..I wanted to see what everyone's thoughts are on which would look better and why? Also keep in mind I have already picked out BLACK wheels for the car. Appreciate any and all thoughts.

1. CGM with Glossy black stripes?
or
2. CGM with Matte black stripes?

Thanks and look forward to your opinions!:thumbsup:

So Far:

Glossy--7

Matte--4

·
Registered
39 Posts
Im going for the matte black (factory) version. Still havent seen a pic of CGM w/ factory stripes!

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Glossy for me.... Matte finish just looks like it hasn't been taken care of like it oxidized JMO of course
This is one of my biggest concerns. Not sure if the dull (matte) will look good with a shiny paint job, especially after I use the Zaino(sp?) on it.

SunsetHawkSelena i can vouch that the glossy stripes are the exact same gloss as the paint
If this is the case than the glossy is looking really good. That is the way I am leaning..just not sure yet. I would really like to see a photo of both on a CGM.

Keep your thoughts coming...I do appreciate it. :5go:

·
Supporting Super Moderator
5,668 Posts
I seen a yellow with black stripes. I believe they where matte because I remember thinking how good it looked agaist the factory paint job that was flawless. It really brings out the factory paint and shows just how nice it is. I don't think the gloss would compliment the paint as much.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Tom Henry Chevrolet is actually selling cars im guessing with these stripes on them from the dealership.

If im not mistaking he has his painted on as well .

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22632
I do like the concept of painting them on, it would be interesting to see how much that would cost. May have to call a couple of paint shops. Of course, when you paint them on you are pretty much stuck with the stripes forever. Not that that is bad...but never know what I will want to do down the road..:lol: Thanks for the thread...definitely nice pics.

·
Registered
326 Posts
I'm planning on painting on. if you do decals can it affect the way the paint ages and fades leaving parts of the car different shades when you remove them anyway? Guess maybe that could be buffed out, be nice to know in case I ever want to "de-pace car" my pace car.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts