Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My matte stripes are getting faded and don't look very good IMO. I've done some rehab on them, but they still don't look as good as I want them to. They are matte black and I'm considering replacing them with gloss black. My car is VR. My wheels are black w/ a red stripe, but not a flat matte, more of a matte with a shine if that makes sense. Also, thinking of going with the full rally stripes vs OEM. Any thoughts on matte vs gloss? Or factory vs full stripes? Your input would be appreciated!

·
Livin' the dream!
573 Posts
Try Turtle Wax ICE Polish on the matte stripes.

Gives them a nice satin finish and keeps them black.

Both my Camaros had matte black stripes and this stuff kept them looking great.

·
Bully Proof
7,086 Posts
There's actually a few other choices in black vinyl other than gloss or matte. When I was trying to decide what stripes I wanted on my car I was overwhelmed by the different options (both in paint and vinyl)sion available in black...so much so that I couldn't decide so I went with no stripes at all...lol :rolleyes:

The other options that I can remember were flat black (which is different than matte black), matte satin black (the one you're describing above) and reflective black. So you might want to investigate those before making a final decision. And as far as my opinion on stripes...I prefer the OEM over the Indy Stripes.

·
Registered
222 Posts
have them painted on

·
Registered
2,495 Posts

·
3,081 Posts
I have had the full pace car stripes for the past year and love them! Mine are matte black and it goes well with the theme of my car. I am taking my car next week to have them painted on with a satin black finish. My painter said he could not clear coat the matte black, but could with the satin. I just dont like the stripes to be as shiny as the car and with the satin, I think I will be very satisfied. Hope this helps.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts