Modern Camaro Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys just wondering what some of you think about the latest trend in paint? I like it on some if done properly...def looks good on exotics IMO. Here's a pic(of the Camaro with matte black paint) that I found while perusing the net. Feel free to post your likes/dislikes:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
4,109 Posts
I'm not feeling it, bro. I never was a fan of the 'murdered' look albeit your example shows a bright finish wheel vs. blacked out.

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
I'm not a huge fan of it, but I would not say that it looks bad. :)
it would take a lot to make a 5th gen look bad...puke green with brown and pink pokadots...maybe.;)

·
Registered
523 Posts
that look was / is really popular in the 40's/50's like on the lead sleds 47/8 mercury's.i think it would be different and i never deter others from that.it would get allot of attention for sure. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,203 Posts
Matte/Flat paint definitely gives a car a more sinister look to it, especially if the car is evil/ugly to begin with.

My GTA will be flat black and then all my other cars...

·
8,984 Posts
Jinx has done some Blacks cars for me over the past few years.

I love BLACK, and especially Flat Black, but not so much on the Camaro.

It looks better on Rat Rods....

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
good point JonZ...the wheels make it look very generic in this pic, although there are many other options other than matte black out there

·
Premium Member
442 Posts
Not a huge fan of the flat black or semi-gloss look. Unless it's on an off-road truck or something like it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Matte doesn't work 95% of the time if you do the whole car in a matte finish. In my opinion, matte is great when it's incorporated with metallic paint. For example, I think a thick matte gray or black stripe down the fender line on a Inferno Orange or Cyber Gray would look great. Alternatively, I think a matte black finish on the pillars and roof on a metallic black car would look mean as hell.

·
Premium Member
2,717 Posts
Firend of mine just bought an 83 silverado done in a dupont matte finish with custom pinstripping and some 19/20 inch torque thrusts. It looks **** good.

·
Registered
382 Posts
It would help if the original pic in this thread was a better 3D rendering... That one is kinda..... eh... ya know?

I'd like to see a pic of one that's matte black, with a mesh grille, dark smoked head lights & tails, blacked out windows, and medium/high gloss black ss stripes. Turn all the emblems (bowties, ss/rs badges, etc), the exhaust tips, and any chrome accents to black chrome. Add some satin black powder coated 5-spoke wheels. And it would be one MEAN looking camaro!!!

[Goes to put this in PS request thread]

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.