Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Congratulations Jekyll-N-Hyde for being May's Member/Car of the month here on ModernCamaro.com!

Thank you very much ! I am honored to be given the chance of being motm.

Ok let’s get started with a few questions.
What got you started with your love for the Camaro?

I grew up in a household with a Father who restored hotrods from frame up not just as a hobby but as an occupation on the side of his regular job. He would restore all different types of Chevy’s from the tri-fives (55, 56, and 57) to Chevelle’s, Nova’s and of course Camaro’s. I have seen a lot of cars come and go during my youth and there were some that it was very hard to let go of. Since getting attached to a car was something I did quite frequently, I had to tell my self that they were only here to be built and sold as a way to make money. I have always loved cars; however I would have to say that the car that made my love burn for Camaro’s was a 1968 Camaro. It wasn’t an SS or even a Z28 it was just a Camaro. As a young kid I would sit out in the garage, in the driver seat, dreaming of owning one myself one day. At that time I made myself a promise, one day I will own a Camaro, NO MATTER WHAT IT TOOK.

What’s the story behind your 5th gen?

I wanted a New Camaro the day I started driving but my mother said NO, you won’t respect it if I just give it to you and it is too much power for a boy’s first car. From the age of 17 I decided to put money back for a NEW Camaro and told myself to not touch the money until I got one, well that didn’t exactly happen. When the Camaro was killed off I was hurt because my dream of owning a new one was probably over. However it was the words of a man, Scott Settlemire, at a local hooters NORTHTXFBODY Car show in April of 2005 that kept my burning desire and deep passion moving forward. HAVE FAITH! I had my 69 (a car that I got before my 5thgen which is another story) at that show and it was parked next to a black COPO. I stood there listening to Scott speak to another gentleman who happened to ask will there be a new CAMARO? Scott said the Magic words, HAVE FAITH, that’s what I did I had faith. I kept telling myself to have faith, as Scott said, as I patiently waited to hear the news that GM was going to build the Camaro once again. As many of you know when you buy a house things happen every month, costly house repairs, high insurance deductibles and of course high monthly bills. I can’t tell you how many times I had my legs kicked out from underneath me to where I had to dip into my car fund and pay for these things, however I always managed to pay it back some how. When I took delivery of my 2010 Rally Yellow SS/RS Camaro people didn’t understand why I had tears in my eyes, it was a sweet moment, and I DID IT! Thank You GM for bringing back my dream car and making it possible for me to own a new Camaro.

How did you come across ModernCamaro.com and what made you stick around?

I wasn’t looking for it, I actually found it through a search engine while looking for an original battery for my 69. At the time I really didn’t see myself getting onto a forum, however when I came across 5thgen.org now ModernCamaro I was hooked. Without running across ModernCamaro my car wouldn’t be what it is today.

Finally do you have anything you’d like to say to ModernCamaro.com members or anyone else reading this interview?

I would like to say THANK YOU to each of the members who have ever put the time and effort into answering my questions, because without you it wouldn’t have happened the way that it did. I also want to give a special thanks to Camaro Scotty for answering my questions early on. If it wasn’t for Classic being so close and the family history with buying cars from them you would have had my business. Super6 if it wasn’t for YOU, and the men and women of Team Camaro up in Oshawa my dream would have never ended up like it did. You just perfected it!!!! SS-Eric Wow!, this guy isn’t just a Car dealer, he is a friend and has been there through the complete process and continues to do so. Thank You for doing EVERYTHING YOU HAVE DONE and going out of your way to make my car perfect in every way that you did.

To the people who want a New Camaro, but can’t afford one just yet
DON’T GIVE UP…Have FAITH! There is a time for everything for everyone!

·
Premium Member
4,818 Posts
Wow kind of give you a warm Feeling seeing your car on the front page of a Camaro Website. ( Hard work does pay off indeed )

Thanks Guys And Thank You Tim/Josh and everyone who Voted :5go:

" HAVE FAITH " I dont think Scott could have said it any better.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
huge congrats david!!!

well earned win and absolutely great pic that you chose!!

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
CONGRATS, JnH!! :D

great write up. i'm so glad you finally got to realize your dream and get your new Camaro (with no hail damage!). it's a great feeling!

and, yup, Eric is the man! :lol:

·
Supporting Super Moderator
2,416 Posts
It really sucks we didn't get to hang out last friday. I'm just glad everything turned out ok. We'll head back one day, but until then congrats.:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
4,818 Posts
Congrats David! Very well deserved, and a great story! :thumbsup:
Thanks Tim without your board it wouldnt have happened like it did :5go:

(CONGRATS) Like the strips.:thumbsup:
Coming from someone who comes across as an ol hotrodder this makes me smile Thanks :D

It really sucks we didn't get to hang out last friday. I'm just glad everything turned out ok. We'll head back one day, but until then congrats.:thumbsup:
yeah I do wanted to meet yall...... just glad Salena is better and yall got your car. Let me know ahead of time next time you come in and we can all hang out. :D :thumbsup:

Thanks everyone

·
Premium Member
403 Posts
Congrats!

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
congrats brother,, after reading your story I realize we have a alot in common even more than being lucky enough to have the two greatest body styles ever built by GM : ) you deserve the honor !!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts