Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sitting in school, bored out of my mind, and reading the same Camaro info I do everyday; I had the idea of a special Camaro. You know how people pro-tour their classics and drop new age motors in older cars? Well what about taking a '10 Camaro and putting an oldschool engine in it? Along with oldtime badging and maybe different seat designs or something of that nature. I think it would be school to see classic engines inside new bodies.

I know it would be expensive but that would make them pretty rare, anyone think it would be cool?

2010 Camaro Classic SS - 396 BBC :patriot:

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
maybe cool if you were building a drag car...for a street car I'd rather have all the up-to-date stuff in there. I really don't ever want to own another carb'd street car.

I don't think it'd be all that expensive...you could rip out and sell all the parts for more $$ than it would cost to build up a BBC or SBC.

·
Supporting Super Moderator
5,668 Posts
I think it would be better just to use the 454 LSX engine. It would be kinda retro size, but could still be up to date. IMO putting an old bbc or sbc would be like shooting yourself in the foot. Think about whe you have to do to an old sbc just to get 420+HP. It has to be pretty built just to get the power that you are getting from the stock engine.

·
Registered
3,345 Posts
I think it would be better just to use the 454 LSX engine. It would be kinda retro size, but could still be up to date. IMO putting an old bbc or sbc would be like shooting yourself in the foot. Think about whe you have to do to an old sbc just to get 420+HP. It has to be pretty built just to get the power that you are getting from the stock engine.
very true and good point

1 - 4 of 4 Posts