Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been a long time meguiars user, i like most of their products.

But i tried the Quik wax, and have to give it a thumbs down. I might as well just actually waxed my car. Not a good time / effort vs reward product imo.

Short and skinny on use is, spray on dry or just after wet, rub towel car dry. Remove product with cloth. So in essense you have to wipe down your car twice, which i guess is better than drying applying wax and removing wax.

Car looks good, but again i think it just wasn't worth it.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I have used Meguiar's for a long long time and have always been very happy with the final results. But today I have try Eagle One Nano wax and OMG this product is very good. the paint looks deep and glossy. not bad at all.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, the stuff i used was supposed to be an "in between" waxing. But the time it took probably would have been better off just actually waxing.

I like Meguiars wax, good stuff. The quik wax, however not extremely impressed.

·
Registered
4,449 Posts
I used Meguire's Gold Class liquid wax for the first time today, it went on nice, but was kind of a biatch to take off. The end result was impressive, making it worth the 3 towel effort to buff it out.
this is what i used last time i waxed (look at my sigpic).

it is a PITA to buff off, so i will be trying Adam's Buttery Wax next.

i have used a wide range of Detail Sprays, and the best i have ever used is the Adam's Detail Spray! easy to apply and wipe off, and smells like cotton candy!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Guys and gals I have been detailing cars for 10 plus years all waxes work diffrent on diffrent colors!!!! I have used all types and a good all-around wax is still TURTLE-WAX paste, yes its a pain to put on and take off but the finished product looks great, and remember the weather outside WILL change the wax drying time and ease of removel.. I'm not trying to hijack this thread but since I have cleaned more cars then most I feel i could add some helpful info

·
Registered
200 Posts
this is what i used last time i waxed (look at my sigpic).

it is a PITA to buff off, so i will be trying Adam's Buttery Wax next.

i have used a wide range of Detail Sprays, and the best i have ever used is the Adam's Detail Spray! easy to apply and wipe off, and smells like cotton candy!
Adam's buttery wax is the easiest stuff to get on and off that I've ever used. I love Adam's products.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Guys and gals I have been detailing cars for 10 plus years all waxes work diffrent on diffrent colors!!!! I have used all types and a good all-around wax is still TURTLE-WAX paste, yes its a pain to put on and take off but the finished product looks great, and remember the weather outside WILL change the wax drying time and ease of removel.. I'm not trying to hijack this thread but since I have cleaned more cars then most I feel i could add some helpful info
So what is the best wax for victory red paint?

·
Banned
4,153 Posts
So what is the best wax for victory red paint?
I used Zymol on my Victory Red S10 Xtreme and it worked amazing. Sometimes I would top it off with a little Gold Class, but the Zymol did great at keeping out the swirlies, and it's an all natural carnuba cleaner wax, so it actually works amazing on plastics too.

·
Registered
358 Posts
I used Zymol on my Victory Red S10 Xtreme and it worked amazing. Sometimes I would top it off with a little Gold Class, but the Zymol did great at keeping out the swirlies, and it's an all natural carnuba cleaner wax, so it actually works amazing on plastics too.
Never heard of Zymol. I'll have to look it up. Did you use clay?

1 - 20 of 37 Posts