Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Let us not forget. Memorial Day is NOT a holiday to have a cookout and drink beer.

It is to honor all those who died serving our great Nation, that we may be Free.

Memorial Day TAPS - YouTube

John Wayne Timeless USA Pledge - Peter Galea Photos - YouTube

Please take time this Holiday weekend to give thanks for the lives lost for all of us.

:patriot:

...for the rest of you...

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!”..Samuel Adams

·
Premium Member
4,383 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
I'm thankful everyday that so many people are willing to sacrifice everything so the rest of us can sleep well at night. I want to express a sincere thank you to all the members here that have served our country in the military. [URL="[/URL]
Your welcome!! :patriot:

·
Premium Member
6,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
A lot of good men and women never came home....or came home in a box.

Some came home, but never left. Two of my friends are this way. Very sad...

Still in Saigon - YouTube

...if a veteran opens up to you and tells you what they went through...feel very, very honored......

....and listen.

·
Premium Member
6,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)

·
Registered
114 Posts
I agree people take this day as another free pass to not go to work and get wasted, but alas it is more than that. I've always told myself I would never join the military but I find myself wanting to join more and more every day.

·
Premium Member
6,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I agree people take this day as another free pass to not go to work and get wasted, but alas it is more than that. I've always told myself I would never join the military but I find myself wanting to join more and more every day.
Join up. It's worth it. If we don't who will?

I've seen and done things people would not believe.
I'd do it all over again.

Besides, I'm now using what I learned in the Army, working for a defense contractor and being very well paid for my efforts.

Even though I'm no longer in, I can still serve.

·
Premium Member
4,383 Posts
Join up. It's worth it. If we don't who will?

I've seen and done things people would not believe.
I'd do it all over again.

Besides, I'm now using what I learned in the Army, working for a defense contractor and being very well paid for my efforts.

Even though I'm no longer in, I can still serve.

AMEN!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts