Modern Camaro Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
2001 Camaro Z28
11,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

On the other side of the car from me is Scott Settlemire from General Motors, a good friend of mine.
He was brand manager of Camaro up until 2002, and was the instrumental voice in getting F-Body production to stay on through 2002.. it was supposed to die after 1998. Thus, he is known as "The F-Bodfather".
He is now Manager of Shows & Exhibits for Chevrolet and Hummer, but he is also involved in the development of the new Camaro.

Here's all the pictures I took from all the weekend's events (almost 300 pics):
http://www.5thgen.org/images/40thAnn/

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,665 Posts
Nice pic. I hope that color is available.

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
Premium Member
2001 Camaro Z28
11,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah the plaque there is describing the concept car.

Interestingly enough.... the SS Concept...
Remember the "430hp 6.0L V8"? That was the first appearance of an LS2.
Also check out its wheels... 21" front, 22" rear.

Spooky isn't it. :lol:

·
Registered
206 Posts
who will be the brand manager for camaro?
met Scott a few yrs. ago in San Antonio Super Chevy show
signed my uncles 99 SS with a silver marker. that was cool:cool:
signed a 02 Camaro SS poster for me. and a shirt.

·
Premium Member
2001 Camaro Z28
11,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Cheryl Pilcher is the Camaro Product Manager for the 5th Gen Camaro.
She is an engineer by trade, and had a hand in a TON of things on the development and build of the 4th Gen cars.

Believe me, she is the exact right person for the job. :)

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
When I first saw this concept years ago
http://www.5thgen.org/images/40thAnn/?path=./&page=0&img=DSC03271.JPG

I was praying that it wasn't the "camaro". I had a feeling GM was going to bring the camaro back, but when I saw that I was like OH NO. Good thing it never made production!
I wouldn't mind that car..not as a Camaro though. Looks like a modern interpretation of the earlier vettes.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Premium Member
2,717 Posts
heh that concept thing looks way to much like an enlongated RX8. I'll pass. **** Octane first you drove the concept now you meet BB. Lucky SOB. :bowdown: "We're not worthy"

·
Registered
375 Posts
****, me want, me want:icondrool: You got some fantastic pictures there, hope you don't mind I snagged a few for wallpaper.

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
I had a dream involving the bumblebee camaro last night. It was weird, in my dream some guy BOUGHT it..like GM auctioned it like they did the original bumblebee camaro. And the guy was driving it across the country to show it off to people, and I was a bit mad that he hasn't stopped by KY. Then I got up one morning, in my dream, looked out my window and it was parked across the street from me and the guy was washing it down a bit.
It was weird.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts