Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that the whole production/delivery metrics are still a tad unknown now... but can anyone ballpark a *new* order (let's say I walked in today and put one in) would be built n' shipped? I've heard everything from ~3 weeks to 6 months....

Local dealer wants 500 over MSRP, but I'm not really interested in that. I know the car has a whole lot of hype right now - some of it justified ( ;) ) but let's not kid ourselves. I may end up placing an order w/ one of the forum sponsors and driving the car back.

In case it maters (for the metrics question above) - I'm after a plain Jane LS w/ a 6spd. :)

·
Registered
146 Posts
I'm by no means an expert but I think the biggest thing is probably who you order from. If a dealer has open allocations I believe those orders will get into the system sooner than others. If the dealer doesn't have open allocations they usually record your order and you basically wait in their queue until they get additional allocations. I thought I saw somewhere (although I couldn't find it with the search) that they got new allocations on a regular basis, based on sales etc.

And after your order is in I don't know what to say. Many people who ordered on 10/13 are still in 1100 while some people who ordered in March have moved to the 3000 range.

Chris

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
^ See, now that just strikes me as a logistical nightmare that GM needs to get squared away quickly. If I was someone who put the effort in to pre-order, I'd be livid if others were taking delivery sooner.

The biggest problem I have right now is that the attitude coming from dealers is that they're doing ME a favor by even talking to me. It's never a good thing when someone makes it difficult for me to *hand them money*, especially in this climate. I know it's a new car, but let's not kid ourselves.
If I can cut through that level of BS, get legitimate numbers to key off of (I'm a very metrics driven guy) then I'd be more than willing to write GM a nice check right this very second for the car I want.

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
I know that the whole production/delivery metrics are still a tad unknown now... but can anyone ballpark a *new* order (let's say I walked in today and put one in) would be built n' shipped? I've heard everything from ~3 weeks to 6 months....

Local dealer wants 500 over MSRP, but I'm not really interested in that. I know the car has a whole lot of hype right now - some of it justified ( ;) ) but let's not kid ourselves. I may end up placing an order w/ one of the forum sponsors and driving the car back.

In case it maters (for the metrics question above) - I'm after a plain Jane LS w/ a 6spd. :)
I'll go out on a limb and say, "faster than if you had ordered in October 2008".

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You'd get it instantly if you can find a dealer selling his showroom model at MSRP, it's all in the hunt...

:5go:
Yep, did that today actually. Slightly under MSRP by the time it was all said n' done -- mainly because they get to keep it for another week as a showroom attraction (no driving it, etc).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts