Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So as most know i have alota time on my hands,Well im on here to much still recovering from many issues. And i came across This website http://www.coachbuilt.com/ And Most of these Coach Company's were in Michigan...1000s of them, Michigan was Booming an Icon in the Manufacturing WORLD!

And now We are Disrespected and Can Hardly Keep our Heads above Water The Big Three is Basically The big ZERO now Govt Ran,and our cars and trucks are being built in Foreign Countries and The foreign cars are being Built Stateside...WTF is wrong with this picture.

I love the New Camaro the Designers did a Great Job...But not Happy at all with where its built.and i cringe to think where many of the parts come from and made. Michigan has the Highest Unemployment Rate,people are moving away from here in droves and i don't think anyone who matters cares.Well no one who can make a Difference

But back to the Auto Industry. For all of you who love cars but don't think twice about Loyalty Know this in the US you wouldn't be driving your Bad ass Car if it wasn't for MICHIGAN The car Capital of the world For those of you with a mixture of Imports and Domestic in your stables well your just despicable.

Im having a really hard time seeing the auto Industry Recovering or even Michigan for that matter.And it greatly saddens me I love this state!

Im Just disgusted in people!

·
Registered
5,298 Posts
Wisconsin isn't much better.....Kenosha, former home to American Motors, then a Chrysler division, now gone.... And the Janesville Tahoe and Suburban plant....shutting the doors.

Our State Government stands by and watches.....and many many other manufacturers leaving for the third world, the south, Mexico....

Wisconsin - not where you want to be....anymore.

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
Wisconsin isn't much better.....Kenosha, former home to American Motors, then a Chrysler division, now gone.... And the Janesville Tahoe and Suburban plant....shutting the doors.

Our State Government stands by and watches.....and many many other manufacturers leaving for the third world, the south, Mexico....

Wisconsin - not where you want to be....anymore.
Unless you really like cheese..

·
Supporter of common sense
9,152 Posts
While I can see the frustration, you need to see the bigger picture. Cars are commodities, just like TVs and stereos when you break it down. It is next to impossible to furnish your home 100% with items produced, assembled in the USA. You make the best choices with what you have to work with :cool:

·
Registered
5,298 Posts
Yes, we have the UNHAPPY, UNMEDICATED BGH Free cows.....And Dr's, and Lawyers....And WAL-MART....Thats about all. Oh, and Newman Chevy :)

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
For the record, I have bought nothing but Big-Three automobiles since I was financially able to make that decision, which would be nearly three decades ago.

I have a few questions, though -- do you own only clothes assembled inside the US and containing materials produced inside the US? Do you own furniture produced or containing components originating outside the US? Do you own any consumer electronics from outside the US? Do you consume any foodstuffs from outside the US?

Vitriol is understandable but be careful with appelations...

·
Admin/ChevyBlazerRep
4,638 Posts
For the record, I have bought nothing but Big-Three automobiles since I was financially able to make that decision, which would be nearly three decades ago.

I have a few questions, though -- do you own only clothes assembled inside the US and containing materials produced inside the US? Do you own furniture produced or containing components originating outside the US? Do you own any consumer electronics from outside the US? Do you consume any foodstuffs from outside the US?

My three big brands that i am most loyal to are Chevy, Reebok and LG

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

If its made Here i Buy it....if i find somewhere that makes there cloths here ill Buy it. If anytime possible everything i buy is U.S. made but thats not always Possible but its not My fault or choice if something i want or need isnt Made in the U.S....Your reasoning isnt gonna work with me.im to stubborn and to old.and to pissed off.

I know how Businesses Work i know how Work goes to the cheapest Bidder in Most Companys. But me on the Other hand id Rather Burn my Company to the Ground Than let Mexico or Canada Win my Business.

·
Registered
370 Posts
So where are we going with this topic ??? If i understand your rant you have problems with the Camaro being built in Canada ! Please confirm as i was under the impression this site was about the new 5thGen and NOT about us Canadians who are building it !!! And a side note i just bought a 2009 Chevy Malibu that was built in Mich USA.

I have no issue with this plant ,the people who built it, this State , or this Country !! So what's your problem ......

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
If its made Here i Buy it....if i find somewhere that makes there cloths here ill Buy it. If anytime possible everything i buy is U.S. made but thats not always Possible but its not My fault or choice if something i want or need isnt Made in the U.S....Your reasoning isnt gonna work with me.im to stubborn and to old.and to pissed off.

I know how Businesses Work i know how Work goes to the cheapest Bidder in Most Companys. But me on the Other hand id Rather Burn my Company to the Ground Than let Mexico or Canada Win my Business.
^^^ Of course it is always possible! Name one item or service that you need that isn't produced in the US. You just rationalize not buying them out of convenience or preference but then cry foul when the stink reaches your own nose. Living in NC, I can tell you that I know former (and current) textiles & furniture workers who would take exception with your position, and I'd bet there are plenty of small farmers who would second their sighs.

You seem to have missed the bigger point I was trying to make -- I basically am AGREEING with you! I am VERY much in favor of supporting local labor and local businesses, and I do so most of the time. I recognize, though, that this is not always practical or convenient, and I also recognize that blind commitment to a brand because of the CoO on the tag is protectionist jingoism that precisely undermines the very efforts of those sincere workers & business people trying hard to be good members of their communities.

Unfortunately, the reason my reasoning isn't going to work with you, however, is that you aren't using reason, you are using emotion.

Once you finish burning your company to the ground and it gets bought by a foreign entity, then what will you do?

1 - 20 of 47 Posts