Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am organizing a driving course and track time on Mid-Ohio Sportscar course.

The date is Sept. 13th (Monday) and the cost is $400. We need 20 to reserve the track and instructors.

Pete from Pedders Suspension is going to participate and be there, as well as Rich from Back Street Performance.

More details and information can be found at the following link:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73271

Please feel free to contact me directly with any questions.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
UPDATED INFORMATION

Our Date is closed for Sept 13th.

The only thing open for this year is the HP Driving. I would be MORE THAN HAPPY to organize one of the above dates.

Click on the link above for more information on those dates.

I can also organize a date for next year, for those interested.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i told rich i was interested in doing this. do you know if he marked me down for this?
Rich said there might be a couple, but wasn't sure until he got into work today. He was going to give me a call today.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Updated information

I just got a message from Chris @ Mid-Ohio.

There is a Corvette club in need of 10 cars; they do not have to be camaros.

The cost is down to $300 now as well.

I need to have an answer and count back to Chris by Monday July 12th.

Please let me know if you can do this and if you can get a couple more cars as well. I have contacted Pete (Pedders) and he said he is in again.

Matt McHenry

·
Registered
6,759 Posts
a CORVETTE club in need of cars and it doesnt have to be a CAMARO??? you mean it doesnt have to be a corvette?

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
a CORVETTE club in need of cars and it doesnt have to be a CAMARO??? you mean it doesnt have to be a corvette?
No, I know it sounded wierd, but no I meant what I said. I was trying to get a camaro thing going and they knew that, so they wanted to make sure everyone knew it didn't need to be our camaros...

I guess I should have said it didn't need to be a corvette, that would have been simple, but I guess my thoughts weren't as transparent as I thought:D

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The format of the program on September 13th is essentially an abbreviated version of our High Performance Program. Registration/check-in would take place between 8:00-8:30am. We would have a brief classroom session at 8:45am – 9:30am and discuss the physics and dynamics of precision driving. (We have to assume everyone has had minimal training) At 9:30am we would divide the group into three and head to the Vehicle Dynamic Center and practice drills/maneuvers. We would rotate stations every 50 minutes. At the end of the drills, we would take a brief break, participate in a track talk session for safety reasons, and begin our on-track Lead/follow lapping session. The on-track session would be approximately 55 minutes.

The price of the program is $300 per person. We would need a minimum of 10 people from your group/Matt McHenry’s group. All car types are welcome. Convertibles will need to be equipped with a roll bar above the driver’s helmet. Our objective is to teach participants in an introductory high performance driving program with their personal vehicle and let them experience the Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Decisions, decisions, I am going to need to know today....:popcorn:

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
update

Just wanted to post an update that I just received from Mid-Ohio.

Chris has pushed the decision date to the first week in August. He also will be sending me more information by e-mail, that I will post up.

Also I have 5 possibly six so far, including Pete from Pedders Suspension and Rich from Back Street Performance.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have a complete set of OEM rims, rubber, & TPMS that someone can BORROW for the day if you happen to get a flat tire or something on the way to Mid-Ohio. They are brand new. They were take offs from someones 21" rim purchase.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
im in for the 13th. my name is nick hoffman. do you need any info from me?
Great!:thumbsup:

Not yet. Once I get the forms from Mid-Ohio I will need to get that form to you (fax/e-mail).

So if you wanted to PM me that info now, that 's ok too.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
1. TLSTWIN
2. JusticePete (Pedders)
3. Heinzd01
4. SilverIceman
5. RichJ. (Back Street Performance)
6. Adam - 2004 Pontiac GTO
7. Don W. - 95'Z
8. 2010 5thGen
9. SS Blue Betty RS ?? Pending ??

·
Registered
6,759 Posts
if you have room for more, my dad may be interested in doing it. he has a 05 vette. but let me check with him first.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
if you have room for more, my dad may be interested in doing it. he has a 05 vette. but let me check with him first.
absolutely, the more the merrier. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
do i need to bring my own helmet? what else do i need?
nope, if you have your own helmet and prefer to wear it, then bring it. Chris said they should have plenty of helmets to borrow.

Need to have on pants and no open toe shoes.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts