Modern Camaro Forums banner

Moonroof or Sunroof what would you perfer

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Those of you who are interested in having an open roof please reply to this "Thread" if you would like to see GM replace the Sunroof option to a Moonroof.

The Moonroof is a much better fit for the Camaro. I feel GM over looked this one design.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Make all the petitions you want. We have already seen what production looks like. They aren't going to change it now.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
GM is not in the production phase YET!, when it come to options there is still real flexability on what can be done.

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Those of you who are interested in having an open roof please reply to this "Thread" if you would like to see GM replace the Sunroof option to a Moonroof.

The Moonroof is a much better fit for the Camaro. I feel GM over looked this one design. GM please give us a Steel Moonroof instead of the Glass Sunroof.
Forget it man! Color changes, stripes and bolt ons are one thing but anything requiring an engineering change is out of the question at this point in time.

·
Premium Member
3,867 Posts
I would probably get a moonroof. But I will not get a sunroof.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Make all the petitions you want. We have already seen what production looks like. They aren't going to change it now.
Yeah, pretty much....except they might add A BRIGHT METALLIC BLUE COLOR!!!!!!!!!(hint, hint);)

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
I am not looking for something that goes above the roof line. I will stick with the sun roof.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I second the motion, no holes in the roof please. I'll never buy a car with a sunroof again. My last car ('98 Monte Carlo Z34) came with a sunroof and it was always getting stuck midway, not latching, wind noise,etc. I was on my third replacement but the time I traded it in with 109,000 miles on it. In Illinois, I didn't have too many months that I used it either. I'm sure that quality is better now, but not going to take the chance.

·
Registered
637 Posts
My car has a sunroof in it now and while it works perfect being only 2 years old, I rarley if ever even slide back the shade. So mine is effectivley just a large weight, glass,tracks motors extra structure to hold it up there that I won't ever have in a car again.

Now my opinion on sunroof vs. moon roof is the moon roof looks really really cheap and actually detracts from the car more than it adds.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
This thread was designed for those who intend on adding the option of an open top, not for those who do not want that feature.:screwy:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Sunroof. Why would anybody want a moonroof over a sunroof? I have a moonroof in my 4th gen Prelude, its not that good. I'd rather have some sun when I want it, and still have it retract. Internal sunroof is the best, I don't see how any other configuration has an advantage? Tilt then slide moonroofs like my car suck because they rattle at illegal speeds, don't allow light when wanted, and in general don't open as far because of their design. Internal sunroofs have no rattling, and most tilt these days too. Is the advantage weight? Thats all I can come up with

·
Registered
318 Posts
I second the no holes in the roof thing. What the hell is the point in a "Moonroof"? It's the same god **** thing except instead of glass it's a body panel, which looks like **** when it's up. As to Heretic above; I plan on cutting mine when the loan is up.

·
Registered
637 Posts
This thread was designed for those who intend on adding the option of an open top, not for those who do not want that feature.:screwy:
and the entire site is designed for discussion about the new Camaro.:BangHead:

·
Registered
516 Posts
The thought of the sunroof has crossed my mind.. Got one on the "family sedan" and it is rarely, rarely opened.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts