Modern Camaro Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2001 Camaro Z28
11,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Stevenson Motorsports To Race A Brand New Chevrolet Camaro In The Grand-Am KONI Challenge Series

In the 2008 Grand-Am Rolex Sportscar series, the Stevenson Motorsports team made an indelible mark in the record books when they finished the racing year just a handful of points out of first place in the GT class. In 2009, this independent team from Jacksonville, North Carolina will expand into the KONI Challenge Series, running a brand new Chevrolet Camaro built by Bill Riley’s Riley Technologies (www.rileytech.com) located in Mooresville, North Carolina.

Full Article: Stevenson Motorsports

:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
5,229 Posts
When will the Camaro debut for the series? Right from the start or Mid season?

We need to start a race series program to get members to some of the events to show support. I know that for a few years Pontiac did a fantastic job in the hospitality department for the GTO.

·
Premium Member
442 Posts
I know that this is a little off-topic...But, I wonder what the possibilities of the Camaro/Mustang/Charger becoming the cars used in the NASCAR Nationwide Series.

·
Premium Member
2,665 Posts
I know that this is a little off-topic...But, I wonder what the possibilities of the Camaro/Mustang/Charger becoming the cars used in the NASCAR Nationwide Series.
If there is a God, No. I hate to see NASCAR pervert such cars.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Not likely at this point in time. I think it's more likely that the Nationwide Series will change their car rules so "retired" COT cars from the Cup Series can be used there, cutting some of the cost for Nationwide teams.
Clyde

1 - 8 of 8 Posts