Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
looks crowded under there...not going to be fun putting in the headers. I can see why the air vent isn't functional.

also...do you think that they could have detailed the car a little??? it looks filthy (why I won't get mine in black).

·
ModernCamaro.com Founder / Former Camaro Disciple
11,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, that is a test car (you can tell by the "Left Hand Drive" label on the rear window) so it's got a TON of miles on it... plus it rained that day.
And because it's a test car, it may not have the finished exhaust tips on it.

I can tell you this much though, the engine bay is a TON roomier than a 4th Gen's engine bay. :)

·
Registered
50 Posts
the air box assembly looks a tad different than the ones on the G8 GTs, but still relatively the same. Looks like we will be able to swap intakes right away with the ones the G8 GTs are using right now..

Also those covers will be gone on mine also. According to chevy's website, they will be offered in several different colors

·
Premium Member
4,109 Posts
X3 on the covers. Even if they are offered in various colors, I'll have them on the shelf in the garage. The fact they hold extra heat in (hot, hot motor is a dog) far outweighs any cosmetic benefit they might provide.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Yeah, I saw they offered additional covers for the engine and I suddenly remembered how much I HATE covers on engines.

btw, slight confession. I spent most of my time looking at the gray 3rd gen in the back. :( I *never* saw gray 3rd gens as often as I have since I lost mine. Its like when you get dumped and then suddenly happy, lovey couples are EVERYWHERE! I can't wait to get a 5th gen and get out of this funk.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I finaly have a complaint about this car.

Who detailed that thing. It has cob webs all over it the tires & plastic on the engine look horible. This was a show car for the unveiling was'nt it?

·
Supporter of common sense
9,152 Posts
I agree, someone on another forum pointed out how that motor compartment is far from detailed. Looks like total crap now that I've noticed that.

Anyone know what is under the rad support? Is there room to make the scoop functional? Paging the evaluation team :cool:

·
ModernCamaro.com Founder / Former Camaro Disciple
11,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
No this is no show car, it's a test mule with 290847012789369187235 miles on it. :D

I don't recall exactly, but I believe there is something in the way behind the scoop so it can't be functional.
But even if it was functional, I can't see it making any real difference, not a whole lot of air is gonna get through that anyway, especially when it's setup to take the air in from the airbox on the side.

·
Supporter of common sense
9,152 Posts
No this is no show car, it's a test mule with 290847012789369187235 miles on it. :D

I don't recall exactly, but I believe there is something in the way behind the scoop so it can't be functional.
But even if it was functional, I can't see it making any real difference, not a whole lot of air is gonna get through that anyway, especially when it's setup to take the air in from the airbox on the side.
That explains the dirty motor compartment :D

I was hoping there would be a simple mod like there is on other vehicles :D

·
Registered
97 Posts
X3 on the covers. Even if they are offered in various colors, I'll have them on the shelf in the garage. The fact they hold extra heat in (hot, hot motor is a dog) far outweighs any cosmetic benefit they might provide.

I took the cover off the trailblazer ss, that thing holds all kinds of heat under it. So WHEN I get around to getting a new camaro, it will be hanging in the garage with the TBSS engine cover. The intake on the TBSS is butt ugly.The tuner guy said the cover may look good but kills performance. You could just stick them back on if you are doing the car show thing.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts