Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have the 2010 1SS Camaro and I want as much horsepower as I can put into my car without putting in a whole new engine in. I'm looking into trying to spend less than $6,000, so that's my cap.
I'm wanting to put it up to at least 600hp as option #1. Option #2 being 700-750hp.

I would like part title names, prices and descriptions if at all possible.

Thank you.

EDIT: Also, I was looking at the HPE site at the HPE550, HPE600, and HPE650. Are these packages worth the parts and power?

·
8,984 Posts
Tune, exhaust, cam, CAI, supercharger, suspension, tires.

We have MANY vendors here that can help you out.

The search button helped me out a ton when I was looking for answers and there is also the vendor section for those great supporters!

Good Luck!

·
Registered
62 Posts
I'd mod you car in steps to see how you like your car's performance.

Step 1 (40-50hp)
Intake
Long tube headers, high flow cats, catback or axle back
Tune

Step 2 (40- 50hp)
Cam package - (call Ed at Flowtech for a custom cam to suit your needs) or get advice from a skilled performance shop on a cam.

Step 1+2 = 80 -100hp over stock. On my 05 GTO, I made 95 rwhp running a relatively conservative cam, long tubes, high flow cats, intake, and tuning. This was my daily driver and it ran great. I got the cam from Ed. at Flowtech.

Supercharger or Turbo setup with installation and tuning will most likely run close to $8K- $10K for a basic setup. I personally wouldn't want to go FI without buidling up the motor to better handle the boost.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts