Modern Camaro Forums banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
I know, I have heard it 1,000,000 times...not the production headlamps. Good God I hope not.

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Man they need to stop [email protected] around and put the old headlights back in. Those things are hideous. It totally ruins the front end of the car. The back end is perfect, front end just looks like $hit with those things in.
If you look at the close up of the lights, you can see the curvature in the grill that will allow headlights like the concept. I think this closeup was taken on purpose so we could see that detial. ;)

·
Premium Member
2001 Camaro Z28
11,842 Posts
Yeah, the actual headlights aren't ready yet, so that's why the fill-in headlights are being used.
Same deal for the spoiler.
And also the surround on the rear bumper where the exhaust is, is also a fill-in piece.

·
Premium Member
5,668 Posts
Also I'm sure we need a few suprises for when the car gets closer to production.

·
Premium Member
2,774 Posts
I don't know I hope they are not just going to cover these lights with a smoked cover and these are the lights???
Why is the yellow directionals in housing like it belongs. along with the housing that makes it look like it belongs??
IDK i think were getting a version of these lights with a cover over it..but thats just me..
I mean the cars almost ready for production and its not finished? Don't the suppliers need to get production peices done soon?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Yeah, the actual headlights aren't ready yet, so that's why the fill-in headlights are being used.
Same deal for the spoiler.
And also the surround on the rear bumper where the exhaust is, is also a fill-in piece.
Yeah, I understand but I am sooooo on the line of whether or not to buy this car. I saw the pic of the back end and literally chuckled to myself and said outloud "I'm getting this car!"....wife rolled her eyes. Started looking at the front end and said...."ahhh, dunno, maybe we should save our money". Wife gives me the "YEAH RIGHT" look.

I just don't know. If I can get an LS3, ground effects, and lip spoiler for sub $30k I'm all over it. Probably a long shot the first six months...but maybe when the 2nd years start rolling out, I might be able to talk them down a few thousand.

**** it I'm getting more confused on what I want to do now! I quit.

·
Premium Member
2,774 Posts
This picture looks like its going to be a chrome bezel with a smoked lens covering it like the Mustang and these are the lights.

http://www.leftlanenews.com/wp-content/plugins/iimage-gallery.php?idpost=6738&idg=1&idi=4

The other thing is why is that directional set up with its own spacer and fillment in the grill. I mean 6 months from production starts and we get these in the grill still? I think they are the lights just needs to be covered...almost giving the Camaro the RS covers look???

·
Premium Member
2,774 Posts
I mean I could be wrong ..Scott said these are not the lights but are hese part of the lights we are getting?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Has anyone else noticed the white test mule air vent is closed and the black test mule is fully vented?

Am I seeing things?

1 - 20 of 44 Posts