Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,818 Posts
Voted lmao I had to do it on my iphone because when I clicked on submit there was something about the site that our server here at work didnt like so it came up to the federal security page :lol:

Dont look at Toyota BADDDDDDDD :lol:

ok no problem lol

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
:lol: right now the no's are outnumbering the yes's
I love how 100 votes or so separate the No I worry and the Yes they'll fix it option.

I voted no I worry because.. well I do worry on top of hating the cars. Seriously; blaming the consumer in some cases where said consumer died?

Yeah.. I worry not for the cars and drivers, but the upper echelon of the company. There's blood in the water..

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
2,774 Posts
I love how people say 1 problem. This is just one they could not hush with cash or ignorance. Oil sludge, frame rot, enginefailures now this. Nooo this is bad.

·
2,774 Posts
Voted...some people replying. On the sitr there are just stupid! Fast? Prompt? If you call blaming the consummer then parts makers and years to get forcefully to own up to it.

·
Registered
67 Posts
It is ironic how todays consumers have been brainwashed regarding Toyota being superior to any other manufacture. What is happening to Toyota is the same thing that happened to the big 3 US manufactures in the late 60's and 70's. Toyota has been putting profit over quality for 15 years now and the media has finaly started exposing the issues. There will be more to come, and more stuff will comeout regarding older models with issues. For instance, frames rusting out on Tacoma's, the " sludge " problem, Tundra's eating cams, tourqe converters, tail gates bending into a V etc. Then there is that little problem with a sexual harassment lawsuit. Can't forget about the scam Japan has been pulling for the last 20 years with currency manipulation, don't think for one minute that extra 15 - 20 percent boost in profits didn't go into marketing/advertising, covering up problems.
Every manufacture has quality control problems, but Toyota has worked really hard to not let this stuff get out. Well, the cat is out of the bag now and the media senses blood in the water.

·
Registered
183 Posts
It is ironic how todays consumers have been brainwashed regarding Toyota being superior to any other manufacture. What is happening to Toyota is the same thing that happened to the big 3 US manufactures in the late 60's and 70's. Toyota has been putting profit over quality for 15 years now and the media has finaly started exposing the issues. There will be more to come, and more stuff will comeout regarding older models with issues. For instance, frames rusting out on Tacoma's, the " sludge " problem, Tundra's eating cams, tourqe converters, tail gates bending into a V etc. Then there is that little problem with a sexual harassment lawsuit. Can't forget about the scam Japan has been pulling for the last 20 years with currency manipulation, don't think for one minute that extra 15 - 20 percent boost in profits didn't go into marketing/advertising, covering up problems.
Every manufacture has quality control problems, but Toyota has worked really hard to not let this stuff get out. Well, the cat is out of the bag now and the media senses blood in the water.
pretty much. This is going to bite them in the ***. It takes a LONG time to get rid of a negative stigma regarding a car manufacturer. Once burned, twice shy, right? We have some GM vehicles that are just horrible and once owned a dodge dynasty that had the worst transmission I've ever seen (5 in < 100k miles!, most under warranty repair). We will not buy another Chrysler vehicle for a long time because of that experience over 15 years ago (20 MY old car). My dad's next car may very well be a BMW just because of the experiences I've had with mine. The interiors don't fall apart, the motor driven accessories don't die every 100k, the suspensions hold up over time, etc. We drive GM vehicles because it's what we've always had and they used to hold up fine... but their late 80s to late 90s models were complete crap. Now they needed to be "bailed out" which leaves a negative stigma itself!

The Olds Bravada I linked in my snow thread has been through at least 4 a/c compressors, 3 transmissions, a transfer case, an ignition switch (at like 80k miles), and has had several other failures. The vehicles is 11 MYs old and only has 11xk miles on it! Almost all of those miles are highway and the vehicle has seen very little hard use. WTF?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts