Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
NEW YORK (CNNMoney) -- Honda and Toyota cars have long been popular with car buyers and they remain popular with car thieves, too.

The top three most stolen cars last year were the 1994 Honda (HMC) Accord, the 1995 Honda Civic and the 1991 Toyota (TM) Camry, according to a report by the National Insurance Crime Bureau.Old Hondas top most-stolen cars list - Aug. 2, 2011

·
Admin/ChevyBlazerRep
4,638 Posts
Besides #8 the rest of the list is American with the 99 Silverado at #4

·
Support MC & Troops
11,804 Posts

·
Support MC & Troops
11,804 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
I don't know why people would want to steal those ugly things unless it was for the chop shop or something..

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I would say chop-shop and/or to sell over seas.

·
Registered
715 Posts
I would bet that list roughly aligns with the list of most registered vehicles in America. If it was a percentage of vehicles stolen based on the number of vehicles registered, the list would be very different.

·
Registered
715 Posts
After I posted I did a little reading... The Honda Accord was the #1 Best Selling vehicle in America from 1980 to 1997, when the top spot was taken over by the Toyota Camry. From 1997 to 2008 (when the article I was reading was published) the Camry was the #1 Best Selling vehicle ten of the 11 years, falling to #2 (behind the Ford F150) in 2008. Lastly, the Honda Civic has been a Top Ten Best Seller since it's introduction in 1973.

These vehicles are not the most stolen because of desirability, but rather, because of availability.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts