Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
7,873 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
i like it... yeah we can hit 12's with something as simple as an aftermarket muffler

i was suprised to see the SS only hit .90g's though

·
Banned
4,153 Posts
How do they screw up so damned bad even just basic info? I mean honestly, WTF? The L99 DOES NOT come from the vette AND they call all of the V6s "RSs" on the last chart of the article.

Then again, theres the fact that when their version of a "performance" car shootout is released, it will undoubtedly do one of two things:

1) include a requisite foreign POS that performs mediocre in every test but somehow becomes rated #1 because in a "performance shootout" its not always about recordable numbers (you know, like that big phat check nobody reported that came from VW rating the most mediocre car of the group their #1 over the complete surprise that was the Chevy)

2) They will only include the American muscle (as it should be), but will once again name the car of the year on some intangible (like that phat check from Ford for last years truck of the year when the Dodge performed better in every test)

Me? Bitter? Nah...At least not to the point where I would spend way too much f'n time to type this crap one handed since my other arm is f'n broken. Not bitter at all...

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
How do they screw up so damned bad even just basic info? I mean honestly, WTF? The L99 DOES NOT come from the vette AND they call all of the V6s "RSs" on the last chart of the article.

It is motor trend...what do you expect? I'm just happy they finally figured out it's not a 2009 and it's not an LS2.

:lol::lol::lol:

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
overall a great review much better than jalopniks. As far as the jalopy review goes the car is a muslce car not really a sports car at least thats what I want and always thought i was buying. I didnt really think the audi and the Camaro were in the same realm, anyway I think my order is going in this week 1SS l99 b acostic sun roof and black with white stripes. The car is going to be ,er already is a smash for GM

·
Registered
97 Posts
It was a good write-up...1/4 mile in 13 @ 111.:D Add a few bolt-ons, headers and a tune = yummy.
That should do it.
Took our trailblazer ss to the track bone stock and ran 14:70's all day.
Put on some long tubes, CAI and had it tuned.....ran 13:60's all day after that. Had a little traction problem coming off the line. A tune really works wonders on an auto. could of been a little better with some drag radials.

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
That should do it.
Took our trailblazer ss to the track bone stock and ran 14:70's all day.
Put on some long tubes, CAI and had it tuned.....ran 13:60's all day after that. Had a little traction problem coming off the line. A tune really works wonders on an auto. could of been a little better with some drag radials.
thats pretty nuts our TB SS serves as baby hauler/grocerygetter I wonder if I can convince the wife to get a tune,,, hmmm:rolleyes:

·
Registered
119 Posts
I have a TBSS as well.. had it tuned and CAI.. in 50* weather she runs 13.6 to 13.7 all day....I do love these trucks, but the Camaro is where it is at for me!!

·
Registered
97 Posts
thats pretty nuts our TB SS serves as baby hauler/grocerygetter I wonder if I can convince the wife to get a tune,,, hmmm:rolleyes:
Like I always say "what my wife dont know wont hurt me"

I wonder how much trouble it would be for a tuner to do the A6 with that fuel mangement crap? My wife can't drive a stick. Tried to teach her in my C6.
Poor clutch...

·
Premium Member
2,717 Posts
As stated a good driver should hit 12's as is that trap is way high for only a 13.0.

You mean to tell me we have 3 TBSS's on this site and no pics of them? I love that **** truck. Had I not been too scared of the horror stories of MPG I would have had one over the GTO.

·
Registered
97 Posts
As stated a good driver should hit 12's as is that trap is way high for only a 13.0.

You mean to tell me we have 3 TBSS's on this site and no pics of them? I love that **** truck. Had I not been too scared of the horror stories of MPG I would have had one over the GTO.
They do suck some gas. If you can keep it 70 on the interstate it's o.k...Over that the 4:11's start whinning.

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
you were the one that had lots of problems with your TB...right? Did you get them sorted out?

A tune is SO worth it, especially on an auto...just tell the wife it'll make the tranny last longer and you "should" get better mpg.;)

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
you were the one that had lots of problems with your TB...right? Did you get them sorted out?

A tune is SO worth it, especially on an auto...just tell the wife it'll make the tranny last longer and you "should" get better mpg.;)
the truck is good now after 5 trips , and after some frustration I got a GM service plan for 24 months free,

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
the truck is good now after 5 trips , and after some frustration I got a GM service plan for 24 months free,
glad to hear it...hopefully no more frustration, so you can enjoy it.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
6 Posts
I was under the impression the auto was going to be quicker then the manual. Sux to see the auto 4 mph slower then the manual in the 1/4.

Im an auto guy all the way. My old 67 had a zz4 with 4.10's and a 3500 stall converter and it dominated. My future 2011 Camaro will not stay stock long, as as HP increases auto's will benifit more then manuals. I'd like to throw the "show room stock" cam, long tubes, custom tune, TC/VB in the tranny.

Im hoping the difference is between the two are because the the 26 fewer ponies.

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
Im hoping the difference is between the two are because the the 26 fewer ponies.
The auto is also heavier and geared a little differently.

I would expect though, with a good tune, the auto will probably be quicker. Even though I'm getting an M6, I'll be the first to tell you that for a 1/4 mile car, and auto (with a good tune and converter) is the way to go.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts