Modern Camaro Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just received the February edition of Motortrend and they tested an auto and manual car and both did a 0-60 in 4.5 and 1/4 mile 13 flat. Both will also have the gas guzzler tax. I know in previous threads I've heard no gas guzzler tax for the camaro but I find it hard to believe. The gxp weights 3969 manual and 4043 for the auto. I can see the auto not having the gas guzzler tax with the AFM. I planned on buying a manual and I hope, somehow it doesn't have GG tax. Just thought I'd share some info. Thanks Pat

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
from what I understand the G8 GXP is geared more aggressively...the Camaro just sneaks under the gas tax.

those are pretty impressive numbers though.

·
Resident GTO nutswinger
148 Posts
Those are impressive numbers, but a G8GT with just minor intake/exhaust and a tune can easily hit that. I dunno what else is included in the GXP package, but I'd rather save like 10k and get the GT then dump $1200 in mods and be just as fast.

·
Premium Member
442 Posts
Those are impressive numbers, but a G8GT with just minor intake/exhaust and a tune can easily hit that. I dunno what else is included in the GXP package, but I'd rather save like 10k and get the GT then dump $1200 in mods and be just as fast.
I agree with that logic...saving money and getting the same performance is just as good as having a "real" GXP sitting in the driveway.

·
Registered
913 Posts
With that kind of numbers the Camaro is sure to hit mid to high 12's. That is verrrrrry good news, very good! GO :gm:

:bow_gm:
Not a chance. Stock 06 GTO's were running 13.2-13.4 with the 400 HP LS2 and a 3.42 rear end. Camaro SS will have a 3.45 rear end I read somewhere. Not sure why they wouldn't use the 3.42 from the last Gen or if it was a typo. The A6 auto gets 3.23's. 3.73's (available 2nd model year) should put the car into the high 12's -12.8->13.0 but not the 3.45's. The manaul tranny w/ 3.45's should put the semi-experienced driver in the 13.1-13.3 range IMO. Still not too shabby.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Not a chance. Stock 06 GTO's were running 13.2-13.4 with the 400 HP LS2 and a 3.42 rear end. Camaro SS will have a 3.45 rear end I read somewhere. Not sure why they wouldn't use the 3.42 from the last Gen or if it was a typo. The A6 auto gets 3.23's. 3.73's (available 2nd model year) should put the car into the high 12's -12.8->13.0 but not the 3.45's. The manaul tranny w/ 3.45's should put the semi-experienced driver in the 13.1-13.3 range IMO. Still not too shabby.
i think the camaro will either run a 13 flat or a 12.9 i mean its about weight too
and traction
with those gears it should get a resaonalbe amount of it
we shall see in coming months eh

·
Registered
913 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts

How will it be lucky to run 12.9 to 13 flat? If the G8 GXP can pull 13 flat do you honestl think GM will have the Camaro running the same times, come on.:confused:

·
Registered
913 Posts
ok folks do some comparisons with HP and Weight....
I could be wrong but what rear end does the GXP have? I agree it appears the Camaro (manual) will have almost a 300# advantage on the GXP...

edit-> the only comparison I initially came up with was using the 06 GTO with 400HP weighing in at 3725. Pretty close comparison and Car and Driver was pulling 13.3's...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Sorry If this ofends anyone, but I just looked at the GXP & the G8 GT and they don't even come close to what the camaro has to offer, especially when it comes to style!

did I count 4 doors on the Pontiac?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts