Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I live in a state that requires two plates on auto's. Anyone have a good idea or have found a nice looking front plate mount? I can't believe the GM directions want me to pop rivit the mount that came with the car!:angry: I need some help for a solution.:eek:

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
i know a member on here fabricated one and was selling some... i believe it was trm0002, you might want to do a search for license plate brackets on the search toolbar

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
I live in a state that requires two plates on auto's. Anyone have a good idea or have found a nice looking front plate mount? I can't believe the GM directions want me to pop rivit the mount that came with the car!:angry: I need some help for a solution.:eek:
I live in a state like that too, but my front plate mount is in my trunk.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
heres what i bought

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2010-Camaro-Show-N-Go-Manual-Retractable-License-Plate_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem2a051660faQQitemZ180473979130QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

I live in a state like that too, but my front plate mount is in my trunk.
:lol: thats exactly where mine is! been stopped twice so far too. havent installed the retractable one yet tho, still tryin to push my luck.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I live in Ohio where the ticket for no front plate is about $135 which I don't need to spend and with my luck, I would get a ticket. I bought the Show n go motorized retractable holder. I have not put it on yet, the car is hybernating for winter, but it will be on as soon as there is a break in the weather. I bought it at summit racing for $134.

·
Registered
259 Posts
I purchased the remote controlled Show-n-go as well and it works great. I used double stick to mount it and it holds reaaly well. So no holes anywhere on front or the bottom. At a meet we had in Camarillo yesterday everyone was impressed with it. I just put it on as a test initially but because of everyones reaction I will leave it on. See how long that double stick tape lasts. Altec Performance is who makes it I believe. They also have a manual version for less.:)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts