Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My salesman called this morning I've moved to 1101,been sitting at 1100 since Aug 04,- I was told the Oshawa plant ran out of V-8 engines and they are filling all V-6 orders.Tenative delivery now late Nov early Dec instead of Feb '10. ;)

·
SS-Eric
2,560 Posts
Sounds like your NY dealer doesnt know what they're talking about! Oshawa would love to build all V8 cars if they could! There is more mark up in the V8 than the V6. Since the V8 has Brembo brakes and Brembos are made in Italy, and Italy has some of most stringent working laws the brakes are causing the hold up. GM had to get a special waver to let Brembo produce the numbers that it was, but Italy evidentially gets the entire month of August for vacation, so there are no brakes being made.

·
Premium Member
1,109 Posts
That sucks that you've been waiting so long. Hang in there because trust me...it's worth it.

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
My salesman called this morning I've moved to 1101,been sitting at 1100 since Aug 04,- I was told the Oshawa plant ran out of V-8 engines and they are filling all V-6 orders.Tenative delivery now late Nov early Dec instead of Feb '10. ;)
where in NY are you?

and YES...hang in there...totally worth the wait. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
Since the V8 has Brembo brakes and Brembos are made in Italy, and Italy has some of most stringent working laws the brakes are causing the hold up.
So...was this the REAL reason for the SS "constraint" as it were? And not really the CAFE standards? Or maybe a bit of both? Just wondering...

·
Registered
95 Posts
Sounds like your NY dealer doesnt know what they're talking about! Oshawa would love to build all V8 cars if they could! There is more mark up in the V8 than the V6. Since the V8 has Brembo brakes and Brembos are made in Italy, and Italy has some of most stringent working laws the brakes are causing the hold up. GM had to get a special waver to let Brembo produce the numbers that it was, but Italy evidentially gets the entire month of August for vacation, so there are no brakes being made.
That sucks! But seeing how it is now almost October, the Italians should be full of vino, rested and ready to make more brakes!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
I hated the wait too but it was well worth it your going to love this car. and being you are from NY come check this out bro http://www.ny5thgen.com/

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for the input and concern-Should have updated status code this week-Anyone know what plant the camaro engines are being built in????

·
Registered
299 Posts
Wow. 1100 to 1101? With that kind of progress you should be at 3000 in about 5 years. :hello:

I hope your progress goes quickly.

·
Banned
7,873 Posts

·
Registered
2,794 Posts

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
It wasn't really a Jack, you actually answered his question....and that's good :D
I guess I was apologizing for Mucker's thread-jack. :D ;) and the fact that I was continuing it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I finally hit 3300 last week. Hope I'm down to counting days now instead of weeks. Good Luck, hope you get more movement soon.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts