Modern Camaro Forums banner

MTI Racing's 2010 Camaro project is underway

10K views 57 replies 21 participants last post by  TX_SS 
#1 ·

We took delivery of our new 2010 Camaro SS last night! The first in the long line of modifications we have planned for this car is an MTI Racing/Bilstein custom shock package specificly designed for the new Camaro. We have been working directly with Bilstein to create this system. With the combination of their expertise, our background in road racing, and the use of our shock dyno, this shock package will greatly enhance the handling characteristics of the new camaro.

Stay tuned, many more upgrades are planned in the very near future.

See less See more
#9 ·
Me too. I can't wait for mine to come in. Bumblebee is nice, and the other colors look great but make mine buh-lack...:drool:

Looking forward to seeing what sorts of mods these guys can come up with. It's not going to take long before there's a river of companies doing Camaro upgrades and parts.

#12 · (Edited)

The first modification planned for our Camaro will be our Stage 1 engine upgrade. This includes Stainless steel long tube headers, a Cold air intake, Cold thermostat, MTI "Hot Spark" plug wires, spark plugs, and Dyno tuning.

The next mod, which could possibly take place before the installation of the shock package, is a TVS supercharger system. This install will begin next week.

We have 5 Camaro TVS kits on the way and we are taking orders now.

These modifications are only the beginning...

Check out this page on our website for more information.

#20 ·
They did a good job on my friends TA...It runs mid to low 10's.

But man he spent a crap load of money...wooooo

He put a stoker motor, exhaust, suspension, roll cage, and 200 wet shot nitrous. And its still street legal. But I think he goes to geforce racing out of Alvin or Pearland now. Not exactly sure where it is located.

#23 ·
You know I gotta give you crap.

I know these guys get a bad wrap and I know nothing about them to be honest!:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

#24 ·
Over the Memorial day weekend we attended the 13th annual F-body gathering at the Marriott in Atlanta and had a great time. There was an excellent turnout with hundreds of F-bodies in attendance ranging from 1967-2010. We brought with us our new Camaro, our 1994 LS1 Magnacharger powered Camaro track car, and a 2006 Stage II extreme Z06. David, a customer of ours, also brought his 2009 Pontiac G8 to show off the TVS system we just installed.

Now that the holiday weekend is over and we're back in the shop, it's time to go to work on the Camaro. Our first order of business was to Dyno the Camaro, get baseline power numbers, and see what kind of power gains are available with tuning.

Though I don't have the actual Dynograph to post yet, by looking over Reese's shoulder while he worked, I was able to see that the baseline HP of our Camaro was 362 rwhp and he told me that he gained over 20 rwhp with tuning alone. I'll post the actual dynograph very soon.

With the baseline power now known it's time to put some real power in our Camaro. The teardown has started and installation of the TVS supercharger is next.

#27 ·
That is a Camaro. It sounds like your guys are true performance guys, when I had my blower it was on and running in less than a day.

Look forward to seeing the results.

Quick question. Does the TVS have pulleys you can switch out for more boost?

Is this intercooled or aftercooled or not cooled at all?

Thanks

#28 · (Edited)
This is a system we are designing as we go, not a pre-packaged kit but we do expect to have it running by this weekend.

Yes you can change the pulleys to create more boost.

The TVS system has an air/water intercooler located under the manifold. The warm coolant is then routed to a heat exchanger we place in front of the radiator as shown in the picture below.

#29 ·
How much weight do you think that is going to add?

Additional fuel package?

#31 ·
It was really great meeting yall this weekend!

As Tim said, Yall work fast!!

I am extreemly interested in the the SC setup not to mention the other options we discussed as well.

another question, is there any sort of fuel system upgrade?

#33 · (Edited)
It was great meeting you and Tim this weekend too, along with all of the other Camaro owners we were fortunate enough to meet at the show. It's awesome seeing the level of excitement this new Camaro has ignited in the F-body community.

In regards to fuel system upgrades, our TVS system includes larger fuel injectors which when combined with the stock pulse width modulation fuel pump will adequately supply fuel to the engine.

As you can see from the picture below, the guys in the shop are back at it this morning, getting our Camaro TVS system installed and running. I'll continue posting updates as I have them.

#34 ·
SSuuhhwweeet....got to see it at G13, first thanks MTI for supporting the event and bringing that awesome looking Camaro to the show and allowing us guys a chance to see it in person. The Vette was sweet also, looking forward to following the progress, thanks again. I am hoping the convertible will be produced, then I will have a black one on hand and should be some cool mods availble by then the way it is sounding :thumbsup:

#36 ·
Do you have a pic of the underside of the blower, specifically the intercooler?

#38 · (Edited)
For some reason I am unable to multi-quote the previous three messages so I'll respond to the questions the old fashioned way, by copying and pasting.

Got Me Some stated-"That is similar to Vortech's system. I'm curious to hear what the IAT's will be. (intake air temperature), as you know there's a big debate on air to air vs air to water"

One of the biggest benefits of the TVS superchargers vs all other Forced induction systems is the low IAT's it produces. Testing on the TVS has shown that on an 8psi set-up IAT's have never gone above 25-30 degrees over ambient air temperature. Even with high boost applications such as 12psi IAT's never rise over 40 degrees of ambient air temp. The TVS is the first supercharger we have been able to take on lenghty runs on a road course with no overheating problems.

54 inches stated-"Do you have a pic of the underside of the blower, specifically the intercooler?"

This is the intercooler which is inside the manifold of the TVS.

MasterZ stated-"is the seperate intercooler a closed system independent of the engines cooling system? if so does it have it's own seperate pump? how is that driven?

The intercooler system is a closed system, independent of the engines cooling system. It has a seperate pump which is electronic.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.