Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MTI Racings Stage 1 performance package is available for the 2010 Camaro. Package includes a custom air intake, long tube headers, high flow cats, and center x section. Along with MTI Racing plug wires, low temp thermostat, and custom dyno tune. Kit is 3775 installed. Call us at (770) 919-7774 or check us out at www.MTIRacing.com

We are located in Marietta, GA just north of Atlanta.

These dyno graphs include baseline and final tuning numbers. Both cars still had stock mufflers installed.

Manual stage 1

Automatic stage 1

·
Registered
26 Posts
Sorry, but that is a LOT of money for only 30 hp/tq?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Sorry, but that is a LOT of money for only 30 hp/tq?
Agreed....for $2,800 out the door ADM will install ARH LT w/high flow cats, stage 1 cam (stock sounding), and a tune. They have dyno sheets showing 64 rwhp and about 50 rwtq with this kit.

Not to say anything is wrong with MTI. They seem to be a good reputable company. Just that this Stage I kits seems high for what you get.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Agreed....for $2,800 out the door ADM will install ARH LT w/high flow cats, stage 1 cam (stock sounding), and a tune. They have dyno sheets showing 64 rwhp and about 50 rwtq with this kit.

Not to say anything is wrong with MTI. They seem to be a good reputable company. Just that this Stage I kits seems high for what you get.
Who's ADM? Sorry for the ignorance. website?

·
Registered
124 Posts
ADM has a Stage I cam that he showed me a Dyno sheet where it picked up 20 rwhp just from that change alone. He said it sounded like stock. The cam and the install is $800. Good thing is that since it sounds stock the dealer shouldn't know it's there so your warranty shouldn't be affected.

I think I'm going to have him do the Stage I cam, Borla axle-back exhaust, Magnaflow x-pipe, and maybe an CAI if a good one comes down the line. That will be less than $2k and not void the warranty. I can also do that in stages as I get the money. Then after a few years when it looks like the drivetrain will be fine I'll step up to the Stage II cam, ARH, and a good tune.

·
Registered
26 Posts
ADM has a Stage I cam that he showed me a Dyno sheet where it picked up 20 rwhp just from that change alone. He said it sounded like stock. The cam and the install is $800. Good thing is that since it sounds stock the dealer shouldn't know it's there so your warranty shouldn't be affected.

I think I'm going to have him do the Stage I cam, Borla axle-back exhaust, Magnaflow x-pipe, and maybe an CAI if a good one comes down the line. That will be less than $2k and not void the warranty. I can also do that in stages as I get the money. Then after a few years when it looks like the drivetrain will be fine I'll step up to the Stage II cam, ARH, and a good tune.

Sounds good. I would just do offroad exhaust (x-pipe), intake, and tune to start out. That's probably good for 35-40 rwhp. Then add the cam and headers down the road for the big bang. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I would just do offroad exhaust (x-pipe), intake, and tune to start out. That's probably good for 35-40 rwhp. Then add the cam and headers down the road for the big bang.
The dyno numbers above show the actual power gains from two separate Camaros. This calculates to...
The manual picked up 40hp at the crank.
The automatic picked up 43hp at the crank.

This is a 10% improvement. That is a good result for basic components.

The MTI Racing Ignition Wires are perfect for cars with headers. They are slimmer at the plug side so they are easier to reach in with your fingers, and the silicone is made from a much more heat tolerant silicone. The imbedded fire-sleeving also protects the wire from heat, keeping the ignition higher during higher underhood temps.

The lower temperature variable thermostat also helps coolant temps and fan operation.

There will always be somebody else who works for cheap. At MTI Racing we will be around to stand behind our work and provide the most complete advice and installation.

We also have the entire MTI Racing Camaro Line of Products in stock, so we can ship the parts to your favorite shop, or directly to you.
:thumbsup:

·
Banned
4,153 Posts
ADM deal is 1000 cheaper and includes a cam install and makes 64/50 hptq. Simple mathematics.........
Maybe you should try not to harass paying sponsors. If you support a particular product, post it in that Sponsor's post. Don't thrash this advertising post, because as a sponsor, they're pretty much paying for this advertising.

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
Maybe you should try not to harass paying sponsors. If you support a particular product, post it in that Sponsor's post. Don't thrash this advertising post, because as a sponsor, they're pretty much paying for this advertising.
:werd: I agree...not cool IMO.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts