Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't have the money right to do a complete exhaust conversion. I was thinking about just replacing the stock mufflers, Anybody done this and what's the best mufflers to get a good sound ?

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
all depends on what your budget is... the cheapest would be a muffler delete from a shop. if you go axle back it will prob be somewhere between 400 to 800... flowmaster is the cheapest catback i have seen, also its what I have and it sounds great. they run about 650. But definitely search youtube and listen to a bunch before making a decision.

·
Registered
4,449 Posts
your not going to get the same quality if just replacing the mufflers; in fact that would be downgrading your exhaust system that is currently on the car.

they will have to add pipe and bend it so that your tips are in the normal location, and any local place is just going to use standard aluminized steel and a hydralic bender putting a big kink in between your mufflers and tips. these cars come from the factory with stainless steel and mandrel bends. why not upgrade your sound without downgrading the actual parts?!?

save your money and get an axle back if a cat-back is too expensive for you; axle-backs range from $300-$600 and cat-backs range from $600-$1300 :5go:

·
Registered
358 Posts
:agree: What he said.

·
8,984 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
I don't have the money right to do a complete exhaust conversion. I was thinking about just replacing the stock mufflers, Anybody done this and what's the best mufflers to get a good sound ?
if you want best mufflers go for flowmaster 40 series or magnaflow. so far those are the only thing that i know. and yes they are right look on you tube to compare the sound. if you want to save money then go for aftermarket mufflers
:thumbsup: good luck!

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
Free advice- Just don't cut yourself short. If you don't have the money right now to do what you really want with your exhaust, then WAIT, save the money and then get the exhaust you want.

·
Premium Member
4,818 Posts
Free advice- Just don't cut yourself short. If you don't have the money right now to do what you really want with your exhaust, then WAIT, save the money and then get the exhaust you want.

BEST advice ever as to what Mike said.

if there is a certain muffler you want then do a muffler delete right now and save money to get what you really want.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Be careful doing an axle back if you have the L99 and don't plan on tuning the AFM off...... the 4 cylinder drone will make your ears bleed if you have any distance to drive on the Highway. It would actually vibrate the whole interior of mine.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts