Modern Camaro Forums banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hate specialty cars only a select few can get due to dealer markup and outrageous pricing. I'm am talking about Saleen, Roush, Steeda, Mustang GT 500KR and especially the Shellby GT 500. That although the last of the list is claimed to be the "fastest" production car at the time it was out, they had to do it with a blower. Anyone can strap on a blower and run with or around the GT 500.

This is why Ford pi$$ed me off so much. There are better/faster cars out there than the Mustang GT. Which is why I traded my 06' Mustang for an 06' GTO. I kept waiting for them to step up and they never did. I am not paying $50k for a Mustang...in any form.

If Ford wants to hang with the new sexy sweet Camaros, they have to do the following.

1. Change from the 3v 4.6L to something more. Either go back to the 4v 4.6l SC Cobra motor (not my first choice since this is a step backwards) or go to a 5.4l or 6.2l( I heard rummors about).

and:

2. Produce the Guigiaro Mustang with one of the mentioned power plants. Only Mustang I think is almost as Sexy as the Camaro. I'd have to see other colors...cause I hate that orange. Anyway, I digress.

This would be good for both car manufactures.

If Ford doesn't do something like this. I think they will feel the pain of everyone cept diehard fans...."and I am not one anymore" switching to the new Camaro. I mean...common. It's sex on wheels.

Comments?

Heretic

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry...wasn't thinking where I should post it. Just had a thought and went with it.

I too am a car lover. I like the Mustang.....I just hate Ford and their lack of committemt to their base.

They cater to the women v6 drivers who don't want to drive those gas guzzling V8's because the liberal in them won't let them...but they have an eye for a sporty car......which is why there are so many of them on the road.

The Mustang is not a "chic" car...for lack of a better cliche'. It is or was a Muscle car.

Ford will either give me what I want...or loose me as a customer. ie......Heretic.

Heretic

·
Registered
166 Posts
Just buy one of each: '87 IROC 5.7 & '91 Mustang GT. This pic was from around '96 - '97. Owned the Camaro for 18 years and the GT for 7 years. Sold the GT with 42,000+ miles on it and the IROC with 20,000+.

·
Premium Member
3,867 Posts
Just buy one of each: '87 IROC 5.7 & '91 Mustang GT. This pic was from around '96 - '97. Owned the Camaro for 18 years and the GT for 7 years. Sold the GT with 42,000+ miles on it and the IROC with 20,000+.

So....which was your favorite? :)

·
Registered
166 Posts
So....which was your favorite? :)
the IROC, I had to order it, and I kept it for 18 years. The Mustang I enjoyed also, it was a 5-speed. Something I couldn't get in the Camaro with the 350 motor.

The IROC handled a hellava lot better at high speed (over 120). BUT the Mustang rode better and got better mileage by about 5 mpg.

They were BOTH great cars...................

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Warriors in Pink

The 2009 model year also marks the return of the "Warriors in Pink" package, which was designed to support Susan G. Komen for the Cure. Ford doubled its contributions this year to the Susan G. Komen for the Cure to $500 for each "Warriors in Pink" Mustang sold.

See what I mean about cattering to women? I could give a rats balls about Susan G. Komen. The company I work with did something similar with some of the products they sell. I almost barfed when I saw them. Boo Hoo....My mother died of cancer back in 95...big deal. I could care less any of that crap. It's a way for FORD to get tax rebates for donating. Stop screwing up what could be a great car. You want to do more....sell more cars that people want...then donate more of that cash. Keep the pink crap to yourself. I don't want any girlie badging either....and if a new color and glass top roof is all they can offer.....they are sad, sad, sad.

I am a little irritated....can ya tell? LOLOL

Heretic

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
At least let the Mustang inherit the 263 horsepower V6 from the Taurus, then maybe make it actually look up to date.

And maybe someone will give up their Challenger for it. Fat chance of a Camaro owner trading it.

Have you seen the spy shots of the '10 Mustang. FAIL. It has slanted headlights like the GT500 and even bigger taillights that make it look like the Gt-R concept Mustang. Terrible. I hope it's better in the uncovered photos.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Ford will not change. Sales of the mustang are high. If it aint broke....

Camaro will be more of a muscle car than the mustang I feel.

·
Premium Member
3,867 Posts
Ford will not change. Sales of the mustang are high. If it aint broke....

Camaro will be more of a muscle car than the mustang I feel.
But Mustang sales have been dropping off dramatically. Even before official Camaro release, and Challenger release.

I had a '91 Mustang 5.0 LX Convertible. It was fun, and if it had a manual, I might actually still have it. It was a fun car, not really competitive as an autocrosser, and the top leaked like it wasn't even up. I wish I had had a Camaro at some point in my life to compare it to. Oh well. I'll have one in 6 months, that's the most important part.

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
I see nothing wrong with using a blower to make gobs of power. At the end of the day, it only matters who's first at the end. Ford has been first in sales AND power since 2003. Until we get a Z28, the GT500 will still be the top performing pony car out of the big 3.

Don't be made a Ford. Be mad at GM for killing our car and taking almost a decade to give it back.

·
Registered
199 Posts
it's all about bang for the buck with me.. drop 15k of mods into a new SS camaro and you will spank the GT500 in ALL categories. thats what counts!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I like the GT 500 front end...but I don't care for the price. I was going to mod my black GT like that....but then I decided I didn't like the small engine (weak V8)...I didn't like the 5-spd.....I know most don't like IRS, but I do...though I was thinking about a Watts link compromise....I hated the seats....Saleen was more than happy to sell me their for mega cash. I hated the shifter....it kept turning on me when I shifted hard. There was just too much I thought the car needed.

The Camaro is different. If I do anything to it, it will be wheels and maybe lt headers, intake, cams...errr cam, I forget it only has one, and ported heads...and a good tune. Nuff for me.

When the kids are out of college....I'm getting a Vette.....:O)
Heretic

·
Premium Member
9,152 Posts
Heretic,

First off, welcome to 5GO :cool:

You sound a little bitter... While I also believe there are way too many 'tuner' versions of the Mustang out there, some produced by Ford themselves, they are doing something right as since the current body hit showrooms in 2005 or so, they have sold VERY well.

The Mustang is a very nice car.

Regarding Susan G. Komen and the pink version, it was for a VERY good cause and I commend Ford for doing something like that, you don't see GM producing limited run cars for a cause like that :cool:

You will see similar tuned versions of Camaros for sure, that is how things are done these days, with the Mustang, Corvette and now Challenger. I do not think we will see as many versions of the Camaro, but we'll have to wait and see :cool:

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I really like the Mustang. It's Ford I don't like.

There's nothing wrong with doing something for a good cause....but I prefer the humble sort...giving and helping quietly....lol

The Mustang is in need of something more as far as powerplant goes. It's why I got a GTO. I got tired of it...and I had a list longer than my arm of mods I wanted to do to make the car not look like every other stang.

I had an 01' Bullitt...and I regret buying it. It was a good car mind you...but I was suckered in to the specialty vehicle cliche' and really didn't get anything for it. I should have bought a Cobra...I could easily afford one. I almost bought a Saleen, took it home for a couple days but brought it back. I couldn't justify $40k for it. I wound up wrecking my Bullitt and had all Cobra body parts put on it but kept it DHG. It was hot...but slow as hell. I got irritated being whooped up on by my friends Z28....lol Though he got married and sold it. I got divorced and bought a Goat.....LOL

Heretic.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts