Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
i drove an IVER car with the automatic... does that count? :lol:

FWIW, i liked it. shifted nice, plenty of power out the hole... i laid a little bit of rubber when Fbodfather told me to punch it ;)

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

FWIW, i liked it. shifted nice, plenty of power out the hole... i laid a little bit of rubber when Fbodfather told me to punch it ;)
I think this counts! :D

·
Registered
3,900 Posts

How'd you get it in the hole to begin with?

:D

·
Registered
238 Posts
yeah the trans is very smooth, tires deff do not spin with the traction control on but that is normal. the shift points seemed to be well set up but it was alot of fun to throw it into M mode and use those lovely paddle shifters to really ride out the gears. the car handles great, the launch is a little slower then i hoped but once its going its gone. I hit it doing 35 then looked down and was doing 78 in what seemed like a increadibly short time. And let me tell you those skirt flairs are visible from the side view mirrors and they remind me of athe hips on a lovely lady... the camaro is **** sexy

P.S. I was a little worried about preordering and buying a car I hadnt drivin and had only sat in one once but after driving the new camaro im very happy with it and Im more excitted then ever.

·
Registered
238 Posts
just for fun heres a couple pictures of my uncles new ride. I didnt realize that the orange was a candy paint and you can really see it in the sun. couple of the pictures arent the best as i tookt hem with my iphone on my second test drive today lol.

·
ModernCamaro.com Founder / Former Camaro Disciple
11,842 Posts
I haz one now! :D

I tell ya what, even after driving the IVERs and pre-production cars, I am impressed.
The 6L80E shifts extremely smoothly.
Under normal driving conditions, unless you're specifically trying to notice the shifts, you can't hardly notice.

Now, that being said, when you drop the hammer, it's a whole new beast. :D
Shifts are firm and quick, and chirps the tires in 3rd gear! :thumbsup:

I've heard people say that in the manual transmission, 1st Gear kinda bogs, and it wakes up in 2nd gear.
The automatic is a little bit the same, but probably not as much bog in 1st.
I'm 100% sure this is because of the torque management.

Overall, like I said, very impressive. :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts