Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my baby, along with my 06 GTO (which will be traded for a 2009 Camaro SS hopefully!)

1988 Trans Am
33,000 original miles
355 TPI, 9.6:1, forged pistons, Comp Cams 224/[email protected], .536/.544 lift. Fully ported plenum, runners, base. AFR street eliminator 180ccs, MAC 1 5/8" headers, Mufflex 4" exhaust, 2400 stall, tuned by Precision Autosports. 305rwhp/340rwtq

a short vid of her idling:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaFjTV6Y84I

The story:

I bought the car from my longtime mechanic, who had built it up for his son. Son liked imports better than domestics, and never drove it. The car was supercharged, running about 15psi of boost through stock tuneport and heads and about 370hp to the wheels. I owned it for three months and had just put meth injection on the car when the supercharger took a dump and sent all of its internals into my oil pan, taking the engine with it. Shortly after that, I got a divorce. Things were very rough financially, but I did my best to keep the car and not have to sell it.

Exactly two years after I bought it, the new build was finished and she was back on the road. She definitely gets plenty of attention :)

·
Registered
1,782 Posts

Like lookin in a mirror great car, its like my car with everything I want to do to it. good luck with it Im glad you held on to it I hear too many horror stories about guys losing thier cars to the big D.

·
Registered
269 Posts
88 T/A

Sounds nice!!! I have always liked the Mufflex Exhaust Systems!!! Friend of mine has a car identical to yours but has 80,000 miles on his 88 T/A!!! Sweet looking 3rd Gen!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts