Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Too bad you 4th gen guys, never got a bullet proof (relatively speaking), BW 9 bolt rear end. It even comes with paint from the factory. j/k

·
Premium Member
5,229 Posts
Good looking car.

I was spying a couple IROCs on E-bay the other day..Wife was giving me dirty looks.:rotflmao:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Great looking car, I've always loved the looks of a clean IROC. :cool:

So your 3rd gen hunt has ended methinks? :)
Thanks Tim.

No the hunt is still on. I briefly considered taking this one to Indy, but the thought of leaving it parked in a hotel parking lot for three days makes me nervous. Plus, those Gatorbacks are 19 years old. I'm the original owner and it's got about 10,500 miles on it.

Still looking for another one to take there.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh wow, I wasn't even aware you had it hehe.

Yeah, I'd agree, a car that you don't have to care about so much would be better for that trip.
That RS for sale on MFBA's site, which you directed me to, looks very nice, but the price is abit steep though.

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
Gorgeous IROC! Do you have any more pictures and/or history? How have you kept the miles off!?

What prompted you to go with the LB9/T5 rather than the L98? Personally, I would have chosen that combo had I been buying new, but a L98 car is much more abundant (which is why it was my first car). No t-tops either? What made you go with the stripe delete?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Gorgeous IROC! Do you have any more pictures and/or history? How have you kept the miles off!?

What prompted you to go with the LB9/T5 rather than the L98? Personally, I would have chosen that combo had I been buying new, but a L98 car is much more abundant (which is why it was my first car). No t-tops either? What made you go with the stripe delete?

Thanks for the compliments!

I actually bought this car to be my daily driver. I was going to buy a 1LE, but at the last minute I decided I needed AC. My DD at the time was an Omni GLH with no AC, and I was getting tired of going to work with a sweaty shirt and tie everyday.

I really wanted a stick, so that's why I went with the T-5/LB9 combo. I also thought that the decals were gaudy and would have removed them anyway, had a 'decal delete' not been offered. I didn't want to take the weight penalty or the extra rattles of T-Tops - besides, these cars have a pretty flexy chassis rigidity even as coupes.

Anyways, the first summer I had it, I probably put about 4000 miles on it. But as winter approached, I knew I wasn't going to drive it in the snow and salt. I still had my GLH and drove that for two more years, then bought another car as a daily driver.

The only regrets? I should have gotten it as a 1LE.

I just picked this sucker up three weeks ago:

Interior still needs some TLC. I've already removed 10 lbs (or thereabouts), of dog hair and Wisconsin farm dirt.

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
Thanks for the tibits. I am very jealous!

You are one lucky guy to have now TWO amazing cars. A mint crossfire... like Octane asked, how is that for you?

All you need is a new overflow and washer tank and it would look brand new under that hood!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts