·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My Camaro Transformation. 2SS/RS CGM

Getting a thread going for my ride.

Ordered on October 15th, 2008
Delieverd June 15th, 2009

1100, Preliminary order accepted (10.15.08)
2000, Order accepted by GM (4.23.09)
3000, Order accepted by production control (4.30.09)
3100, Order available to sequence(??)
3300, Order scheduled for production(5.22.09)
3400, Order broadcast (6.1.09)
3800, Order produced 2G1FT1EW7A9116235
6000, Delivered to the customer(6.15.09)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Picked up the car yesterday (16235) and it had 33 miles on it already. But it's all good. . . Paint is perfect for me... Keep in mind, I have NEVER seen a CGM Camaro but on the net. . . I kept the faith and stayed with my first color choice. . . **** glad I did too!

On a side note:
I was going to make a separate post about this.. but decided not to.

I feel very sad for those who couldn't wait it out. . . Granted I was almost there. . Dealer had a nice GXP Solstice in the lot i thought about picking up. . .

This car will far pass any expectation you have. . . I have sat in many pre-Pro camaro's at the shows, but ****... when you actually get to spend time in one with out people hanging their heads in, checking it out .... ****.... just ****, is it nice.

About 3 days after I got the car I went ahead and got my Punisher Skull on the hood.

On 6.23.09 I got the Vinyl Rock Blocker put on the car. :thumbup:

Got the tint and Clear Bra on it the other day. Here's some pictures.

Clear Bra

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Did some custom painting on the engine cover too.

Shhhh. The baby is sleeping.

Did a quick photo shoot with Punisher today.

Here's the new addition... Not sure if I like them 100% or not.

Magnaflow Street exhaust. (should have gone Comp)

·
Premium Member
1,109 Posts
I like the painted covers. Now to see if it holds up to the heat eh?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Congrats on the car!!!!
Ok not my cup of tea perse, I do like the skull on the hood that is cool. What is it, painted or something else? As far as the punisher on the back part, I personally dont like that. My vote for what it is worth would be leave the hood skull and take off the punisher on the back.

I do give you a :5go:

Cheers
Kinley

·
Registered
402 Posts
Congrats! That's the color I'm set on. I can only imagine how you feel. How much louder is the Magnaflow system? I like how it cleans up the rear underneath the diffuser panel. A Punisher fan myself, I was thinking of going with a smaller decal under the "Camaro" on the fender along with a "Punisher" license plate frame in the rear. Enjoy the drive! Thanks for sharing. ;)

·
Registered
95 Posts
Hmmm...looks like you live on a farm from the scenery in your pics. But then it looks like you DJ in your avatar, but then maybe you run a haunted house based off the murals on your garage wall, but the FranknBeans username leads me to believe you are in the sex industry, last but not least you could work for DC comics which is why you put the Punisher skull on your hood.

So...umm...what do you do for a living. Just curious...:D

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
LOVE the painted engine parts!!!!!!!!!

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for all the props guys...

I'm still not sold on the side stripes... But what's nice about vinyl, is you can change your mind and remove them...

The engine custom paint is holding up just fine... no issue as of late. . .

As for the Magnaflow Street series exhaust... Ehh. It has a little more growl than the stock but by no means does it sound like a old '69. The street series has 3 Mufflers. one in the middle and two out back...
I like how it cleaned up the read end... that was the main goal for me. . . I'll see how it sounds with some long tubes... Should make it just right for me.

Yes, I do live on a farm... 43 arches of land... My wifes parents run a green house / farm market... thus all the corn in the back ground.

The walls in the garage... well I painted them white and it looked like I was in a snow ball. I invited my buddy down... and he tagged it for me... I still need to get the other side done.

And last... I am a full time DJ. . . I do around 43 weddings a year. www.jeremyganss.com

·
THE FBODFATHER
487 Posts
I'm sorry that it took so long to get your new Camaro to you -- but am delighted that you are so enthused with it!

.....and I'm lovin' the hood!!!

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
Thanks for all the props guys...

I'm still not sold on the side stripes... But what's nice about vinyl, is you can change your mind and remove them...

The engine custom paint is holding up just fine... no issue as of late. . .

As for the Magnaflow Street series exhaust... Ehh. It has a little more growl than the stock but by no means does it sound like a old '69. The street series has 3 Mufflers. one in the middle and two out back...
I like how it cleaned up the read end... that was the main goal for me. . . I'll see how it sounds with some long tubes... Should make it just right for me.

Yes, I do live on a farm... 43 arches of land... My wifes parents run a green house / farm market... thus all the corn in the back ground.

The walls in the garage... well I painted them white and it looked like I was in a snow ball. I invited my buddy down... and he tagged it for me... I still need to get the other side done.

And last... I am a full time DJ. . . I do around 43 weddings a year. www.jeremyganss.com
wow! who made your site? it's very impressive!

·
8,984 Posts
I would loose the side graphics and put that sticker back on the challenger it came off of.

It really detracts from the body lines instead of accentuate them and that is the ultimate goal with striping.

The stripes are flat where he body curves. I like the idea though!

I like the punisher symbol, but I think a painted on ghost punisher would look ALOT better.

The engine bay looks nice. Time for some performance upgrades. CAI and tune to compliment the exhaust.

If you don't like the sxhaust sell it and get the muffler delete from Yellow2SS that is on here. It actually add some flow thru bullet type nuffler, but sounds great!!!!

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Can't take a loss on selling the exhaust... not worth it IMO. It may wake up the exhaust note a little more to my liking.

As for the stipes... why does everyone bing up the challenger? The stripes were on the Yenko too.. It's like saying.. your rally stripes look makes your car look like a mustang.

Reason why it's not painted on (hood) is because I like to change the look every year or so.

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
:thumbsup:looks cool...like the hood definitely. Keep your exhaust and save up for a set of headers. ;)

·
8,984 Posts
I said that as they look like they came off a **** Cahllenger. They do not fit the lines of your car. They look like they fit the lines of a Challenger.

The end of the strip kicks up the opposite direction that the car's curve go.

It is all about styling.

The sticker also hangs down on the fenderwell and should have been move up a tad.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts