Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok guys, to keep from hijacking anyone's thread, I will tell you guys about it. I ordered my car from my local dealer, they are allocated 1 car, so my friend called me first. My car was ordered on OCT 13th, then my friend called me yesterday and told me they were closing at the end of the month. :BangHead: Now I have bought every New vehicle I have had (7) from this guy. He tells me that my car is being built, but he does not know where it will be delivered to. He is trying to get it transfered to another local dealer.:confused:

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
that sucks...but at least it seems like he trying to help you out. At least they didn't close up, take your money and disappear.

·
Resident GTO nutswinger
148 Posts
Same exact thing is happening with the one right down the street from me. Woke up one day and saw the banners gone...everything looking like a ghost town. Sad cuz I really liked the place to take my GTO to, and was planning on getting some info on the 'maro, but guess not.

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
............and just think, there are ALOT of guys on here that think GM's not in trouble.............LOL!
I think everyone here knows GM (and Ford and Chrysler) are all in trouble...it's just not everyone thinks the sky is falling and that GM is just going to implode and disappear.

·
Registered
5,298 Posts
When I was in Chicago for the Traverse training, the guys in the Chi-Town area said there were a few in trouble there....

What we've been seeing is the larger dealers with lot fulls of cars going under...big inventory costs $.

We are actually doing pretty good, cosidering what others are going through..

·
Registered
141 Posts
Remember also that many individual dealers use business practices that are driving them out of business - some of them even deserve it for the way they rip people off. This doesn't mean that GM made them close - their business decisions, location and local economy are making them close.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I think there was a large dealer in the Atlanta-metro area that just shut down last week also. TV report said they were one of the "top-ranking" dealerships for customer satisfaction.

****s bad fellas'...............................real bad.

I hope like hell stuff starts to turn around soon or ALOT of folks are going to be in turmoil, not just big companies.

I've be trying to decide what to buy next for the family/myself. New Camaro (me :D). OR do the family thing and pony up for a bigger SUV, Escalade, QX56, Surburban/Yukon. The way the economy is though I just feel the need to leave the money in the savings account where its "semi" safe...........

1 - 9 of 9 Posts