Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my car back from Backstreet Performance on saturday the 13th. I took it to them to tune and install chucks tuning stage 2 cam package. I previously had Airaid CAI, Borla LT headers and Borla catback. running no cats. They dynoed the car before a tune and i got 404RWHP aaaannnnnndddd, i dont remember the torque. ill get that later. after they put the new cam in, pushrods,valve springs, the car was tuned and dynoed again. They ended up getting me 460 RWHP and 431 ft lb tq. havent taken it to the track to see what it runs. dont really know if i want to. i need to do a few more mods to get me to 500 RWHP. any suggestions? no underdrive pulley and no blower(yet).

·
Registered
6,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
LSXR intake, pulley and retune will get you knocking on the 500 door.
not really wanting an under drive pulley. i do want to get the fast 102mm intake manifold and the 102mm throttle body.

dont really know how much it is to port the heads but im sure it will free up a few ponies. maybe ill have to save for that.

i also was thinking about lighter/stronger roller rockers. ive read a few things about swappingthem out with lighter ones. less stress on the motor and gives you a few hp. hopefully with these few things being done i can getto 500. maybe ill do the head porting and roller rockers at the same time and then do the throttle body and intake manifold after???

·
Registered
4,449 Posts
the LSXR intake and throttle body are really only effective after a cam swap... i bet if you get that and port the heads, you'll be pushing well over 500 rwhp all natural!

nice job! :thumbsup:

i don't plan on doing any internal work to my engine, but hopefully i have enough saved up next summer to put the maggie on to get me over the 500 benchmark!

·
Registered
6,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
if i do the fast intake manifold, i will obviously do a pro charger and sell my intake. if i dont get the intake manifold, ill probably do the maggnacharger.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts