Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the forums and new to the Camaro family! :bowdown: I purchased my new 2013 2SS RS Inferno Orange Metallic on 05/06/2013. Cannot be happier!

Now, on performance - What should I get done first? Intake, exhaust, or what? I want to increase the stock HP a little.

Also, what can I do so my Cam hiccups like it does when the engine is turned on? I want these hiccups to occur more on reving up the engine a little.

Thanks! :roxor:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Welcome to MC and Congratulations on your First Camaro!!! She's a Beauty!!!

For starters, I would go with a CAI, New Exhaust, and LT Headers with a Tune. That should free up some HP and completely change the sound of your car!! :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
4,382 Posts
Welcome to :5go: , Nice ride!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
394 Posts
exhaust, intake, tune. cheap and you will be happy for a while.. that L99 will wake up with a good tune.. i can chirp second now.. lol..

·
Registered
202 Posts
Awesome! Congrats! As mentioned before on mods,exhaust,intake and headers. My first one was the exhaust because it was too quiet for a muscle car. Youtube has many vids of exhaust but to get a better perspective I would suggest watching and listening with headphones.

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Also, what can I do so my Cam hiccups like it does when the engine is turned on? I want these hiccups to occur more on reving up the engine a little.

Thanks! :roxor:
Nothing you can do outside of actually changing the cam for something with lope in it. This is a rather large undertaking and you have to decide whether to stay with a VVT cam or convert to non-VVT. Both will take some $ to get done but give the what you want (to some degree on the VVT style). Non-VVT cams are usually more radical with their specs...

Welcome and best of luck with the modding.... :5go:

·
Registered
4,590 Posts
Looks very nice and the mod bug has already bitten you. Welcome to the site.

·
Premium Member
6,258 Posts
Bottle???? NEVER! The real thing or nothing!
As long as we're spending his money for him....
GM big block with twin turbos feeding a supercharger.

...oh....and don't forget a new tranny, driveshaft, differential and rear axles to handle all that power! :D

j/k

You've got a factory 12 second car. Personally, I'm quite happy with it just the way it is!

·
Banned
258 Posts
For now, if it were my car, I'd do a Cold Air Inductions CAI, and a Corsa catback and retain my power train warranty. Later on, I'd install a cam, ARH or Kooks long tube headers and a tune and play with that for a while. After I became bored with that I'd install a Maggie TVS 2300.

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
You've got a factory 12 second car. Personally, I'm quite happy with it just the way it is!
Yeah, that worked for me for about 3 months.... ;)

For now, if it were my car, I'd do a Cold Air Inductions CAI, and a Corsa catback and retain my power train warranty. Later on, I'd install a cam, ARH or Kooks long tube headers and a tune and play with that for a while. After I became bored with that I'd install a Maggie TVS 2300.
I cut straight to the chase and did the Maggie first! :D

·
Banned
258 Posts
Yeah, that worked for me for about 3 months.... ;)

I cut straight to the chase and did the Maggie first! :D
Lol. That's a nice set up. If I had an LS3 (I don't do autos) that's hands down the power adder I'd go with.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
CONGRATS!

First thing I did was get a Cold Air Intake from ColdAirInductions.com

I do like the looks of these intakes with the clear cover over the filter. I'm not skilled at working under the engine of a vehicle, other than oil changes, and tire/wheel related stuff. Are these intakes something I should have no problem doing my self? :lol:

Has anyone seen an increase in HP and increase in MPG after installing one of these?

Thank you all for your help!

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Are these intakes something I should have no problem doing my self? :lol:

Has anyone seen an increase in HP and increase in MPG after installing one of these?

Thank you all for your help!
You should have no problem installing it yourself. You will need a rather small Torx bit for the MAF sensor removal tho...

Do a search on this forum for a thread where I posted the tests done by Ted @ JRE for HP and IAT temps... Should be enough to get you motivated. ;)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts