Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I understand that my first Camaro is only a V6 but it's all I can afford at this point in my life. I was just wondering if anybody could give me their opinion on any performance upgrades I can do to my 2015 Camaro LS. I'M not trying to be rude but please if your going to respond to this don't tell my to take the hamster out from under the hood and put a real motor there. I get enough of that from the big block crowd in my town. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.:5go:

·
Registered
114 Posts
hey man and welcome don't worry this is my 1st v6 also, i've always driven a lil 2.0 litre lol but as far as upgrades get an intake! make that baby breathe either Cold Air Inductions or K&N. Then of course you could get exhaust which i'm planning next. Good luck man!

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Welcome.. Congrats on the purchase.. Don't think you will find anyone here that will degrade you for owning a V6.. All camaro's are awesome!

·
Premium Member
4,378 Posts
Welcome! I'm sure most members here will agree that a V6 makes more than enough power to get you in trouble very fast!
Enjoy!

·
ユキヒョウ
1,442 Posts
Welcome and Congrats :thumbsup: No issues having a V6 Camaro here. Get a cai of some sort for better air in, and a more free flowing cat-back exhaust. After that, you're limited by what you have to spend for more uumph :D

·
Premium Member
6,255 Posts
You're good here. This isn't Camaro5.com

BigRed and Nancygrl have already stepped up and told you the way to go.

Welcome, and enjoy the ride!

·
Registered
4,590 Posts
no issue at all ... welcome ... love to have people here to talk about their Camaros ... even people that don't own them :D

·
Registered
4,590 Posts
Sounds like a tough crowd in your town...lol...in 5 years of ownership and participation in dozens of car shows not one single person has ever asked me if Envy was a V8. :confused: Must be the chick thing. :rolleyes:
Envy,
They mistake your scoop for the mail slot :lol:

·
Registered
53 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

I have a V6 as well. And I had a friends wife scoff at me for buying a V6, until my buddy told her that it is badass, and I politely informed her that the 323 HP rating is actually higher than some V8's.

And with the manual trans, only a hair over a second slower in the 1/4 mile than an SS with auto.

These are indeed a fun car, enjoy yours!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thank you all for the warm welcome. It is funny that everyone in here has told me to start with a cold air intake and to be more specific the CAI intake. I will be ordering the intake for my Camaro from CAI in a week. Here is the short cut to the one I'm getting if anyone else happens to read this and had the same questions I did. Does anyone have any suggestions on a Cat-Back exhaust system to put on my Camaro. I am thinking about the Mach X-LFX Cat-Back Exhaust from Solo Performance but I'm still up in the air. I Know Magna Flow and Flow master make some really nice exhaust systems also. Any opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Cold Air Inductions Inc 2012 Camaro V6

·
Registered
114 Posts
Thank you all for the warm welcome. It is funny that everyone in here has told me to start with a cold air intake and to be more specific the CAI intake. I will be ordering the intake for my Camaro from CAI in a week. Here is the short cut to the one I'm getting if anyone else happens to read this and had the same questions I did. Does anyone have any suggestions on a Cat-Back exhaust system to put on my Camaro. I am thinking about the Mach X-LFX Cat-Back Exhaust from Solo Performance but I'm still up in the air. I Know Magna Flow and Flow master make some really nice exhaust systems also. Any opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Cold Air Inductions Inc 2012 Camaro V6
hey man and nice CAI is really good for our cars from what I hear, I love my k&n but I think I might buy the CAI just to see if I notice any differences and just cause i'm a weird.

but for exhaust yeah that mach x-lfx is nice, i was looking into the Borla ATAK cat back, those things are ruthless. if you can spare the coin it's worth it, I heard it in person on a v6 like ours and jeeeez it sounds MEAN! rumble rumble rumble.

·
Premium Member
6,255 Posts
Does this sound familiar?

"For the first time in my life, I feel proud to be a Camaro driver"

:lol:

·
Registered
39 Posts
Aside from a CAI - I would get a oil catch can, have filled mine up a few times in the 16,000 miles I have driven ,and would hate to have that oil go into the top of my valves.
The polished and ported throttle body also make a great upgrade and is easy to install along with a throttle controller. Good luck and happy moding ! And by the way mine is a V6 and I don't need another V8 in my garage - I already have 3 in there, the V6 is my favorite daily driver !

·
Registered
4,590 Posts
From what I have read, a catch can is pretty much a must for a V6 ... I have one on my V8 but don't think I check near as much as a V6 owner should ... I agree I don't want all that oil through there

·
Premium Member
6,255 Posts
ANY direct injected engine needs a catch can, as well as regular cleaning.

·
Registered
94 Posts
You have a beautiful first car that you can take pride in and enjoy it. Big deal that it has a V-6, it is a Camaro and it has 323 hp. My first car was a 1969 AMC Javelin with a 232 straight 6, 145 hp and a 3 speed on the floor. It was one of the best cars I ever had.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts