Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I introduced the 5th generation Camaro to my friend. He has been looking at it with his dad.
He is 17 years old, so he is not looking at the expensive high-end ones.
He wants leather, so the 2LT looks like the best choice.

Is there a way to get leather in the 1LS or 1LT?

He is also looking at the Honda Accord Coupe and Lexus IS.

What can I show/do/tell him to convince him that the Camaro is sooo much better?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
tell him to buy an old 318... like 80s old.. you can get one with well under 200k for under a grand cash and it'll last him a few years.... he's probably going to wrap anything he gets around a tree, and this would offer RWD, maybe leather, and plenty of power for a 17 year old kid...

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
well he's 17.. and at 17, i didn't know many guys who could take a 300 hp car without climbing a tree in it... at 19, among guys up to 23 or 24, I'd still only trust some people... he should buy a car for under 5k, or a grand even, and wait until he can buy one used in 2 or 3 years and he's been in a couple accidents and understands the risks...

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
well one..his parents have too much money... i guess if he's got any constitution and can keep himself from going over 100, he'd be best off with the camaro... pretty much for everything, reliability, power, looks, maybe not handling, but i'd take the camaro at any rate... just tell the kid to take it easy if he gets one at any rate... if he doesn't wrap it around a tree in the first 2 years, he'll prb make it to 10, but gaining real experience takes more than a year on the road..

1 - 13 of 13 Posts