Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 95' Grand Am has a demon and I'm in need of any ideas!!!

Basically, it's been stalling at red lights, not alot or frequent though. One day out of no where. It seems like it does it particularly when it's a harder-than-normal stop-which is like what the hell?. It's running fine otherwise. It starts right back up with again, no other issues.

Tonight it did it again...again at a hard stop, but it didn't stall, just felt like it was going to. My dad replaced spark plugs yesterday, which they desperately needed. But he's scratching his head at this one.

Any ideas would be appreciated! I'm starting to swear at her alot, and she has to get me through the winter Lol!

Thanks!!

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
Ok then...

The Quad 4 is a finicky beast. I would start by making sure your plugs are gapped properly and that you purchased the Delco plugs -- not platinum or those Bosch things. Just get the AC Delco plugs that are OEM.

Next, there are these plastic things that connect the plugs to the coil rail. These are notorious for going bad. I would replace them as well. These are attached to the underside of the thing on the valve cover that says QUAD 4.

Start there. These might not fix the thing, but that's ok because they need replaced to keep it running smooth. Smooth and Quad 4 are an oxymoron, though.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
My dad was next leaning towards fuel filter/pump I think. But I just wanted to see if there were any weird things it could be that are less obvious. Thanks!

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
Ok then...

The Quad 4 is a finicky beast. I would start by making sure your plugs are gapped properly and that you purchased the Delco plugs -- not platinum or those Bosch things. Just get the AC Delco plugs that are OEM.

Next, there are these plastic things that connect the plugs to the coil rail. These are notorious for going bad. I would replace them as well. These are attached to the underside of the thing on the valve cover that says QUAD 4.

Start there. These might not fix the thing, but that's ok because they need replaced to keep it running smooth. Smooth and Quad 4 are an oxymoron, though.
Ohhh yeahh..that Olds was a massage chair on wheels when idling.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
:confused:OMG now I'm afraid LOL. It hasn't just died randomly. It's after the stop has already happened. It's like hard stop...stopped...die. lol And restart right away.

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
8,984 Posts
Sounds like trash in the tank is flooding the filter and decreasing fuel pressure, and causing it to die.

I would change the fuel filter and have the said replacer cut the filter in half and see what crawls out.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts