Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ferrari-308-308-GTSi-FERRARI-308-GTSi-READY-2-DRIVE-WIN-BIG-BOY-TOY-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem3a5af8f837QQitemZ250634369079QQptZUSQ5fCarsQ5fTrucks#ht_15421wt_1165

1981 Ferrari 308 308 GTSi
FERRARI 308 GTSi READY 2 DRIVE! WIN A BIG BOY TOY
Lots of Pics to load.. Please wait to see all of them..
1981 FERRARI 308 GTSi RED WITH TAN. THIS SPORTS CAR IS REALLY FUN TO DRIVE. EVERYONE LOVES THIS CAR! THIS FERRARI HAS BEEN MODIFIED BY 2 OR 3 OWNERS AGO. THE MOD WAS DONE IN FLORIDA. THIS CONVERSION MAKES SENSE! THEY CONVERTED IT TO A FIERO (GM) V6 2.8 ltr. WITH THE FIERO GETRAG 5 SPEED TRANS. THIS MAKE IT REAL EASY TO FIND PARTS AND GET IT WORKED ON. NO SPECIAL FERRARI MECHANIC NEEDED. I JUST HAD THE (GM) TRANSMISSION REBUILT TO THE TUNE OF 1400.00. IT RUNS AND DRIVES JUST FINE. IT ALSO HAS 3000.00 IN NEWER KONI SHOCKS (as stated by previous owner) They are adjustable to the height you desire. THIS ALSO COMES WITH A SET OF REPLACEMENT DOORS. THE DOORS ARE VALUED AT 2000.00. THEY ARE LOADED WITH THE GLASS AND IN GREAT SHAPE. THE OVERALL CONDITION IS THAT IS LOOKS GREAT FROM 10 FEET AWAY, BUT HAS SOME RUST SPOTS THAT WILL NEED ATTENTION TO MAKE IT A SHOW CAR. IT IS AGREAT DAILY DRIVER.Upgraded 355 MOMO rims with Great Directional Z RATED tires! The Tach, Oil, Temp, and Fuel gauges work. Speedometer works (some of the time- I think it is a ground issue) It has some quarks, but wont keep you from having fun while driving it. I do not have the Org. rims. This has the Fiero rear cradle... simply 4 bolts to drop the motor and the rear end. This is a GREAT car to put a LS1 Corvette motor in. It uses the ORG. Ferrari muffler. Windows work, but run slow like all Ferraris. I have the cover that goes around the spare tire and covers the NEW master cylinder. Comes with Manual. Bring CASH and enclosed car trailer. Unless you are within 100 miles. I AM ONLY SELLING THIS COLLECTIBLE 308 (like magnum PI) BECAUSE LAST YEAR I PICKED UP A 348. ( does any one guy need 2 ferrari's??)

Cliffs: Ferrari 308 body with a 2.8 liter Fiero Engine/Transmission..

--I might have to look into doing something like this for a sweet ride later on... nothing would improve a Ferrari more than a nice GM V8 rumble.. I bet an old 308 could fit it, I love the 80s look too on a car like this, would be an interesting project. :D

Eliminates the main problem you see with old supercars that you might be able to buy.. maintenance costs..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUcD_43CIz4&feature=player_embedded

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Usually the swap goes the other way. It's like de-ferrari-fying it.
who needs to have the ferrari engine that breaks all the time? I'll be on the lookout for old supercars with blown engines in the future.. would make a bamf cruiser.. and most good-looking women are NOT going to know the difference.. :D

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
who needs to have the ferrari engine that breaks all the time? I'll be on the lookout for old supercars with blown engines in the future.. would make a bamf cruiser.. and most good-looking women are NOT going to know the difference.. :D
It's all part of the character of owning such a machine.

·
Registered
6,759 Posts
lol! hahaha. instead of calling it a kit car, hes calling it a fiero swap! LOL thats awesome. Orrville is about an hour away from me. dont buy this car. ill tell you the only guy in orville with a ferarri is the Schmuchers. yeah the jelly people. i dont know that they have one but i dont think anyone else in orville would be driving a ferarri.

·
Registered
6,759 Posts
those arent even the correct wheels on this awesome collector! haha

1 - 14 of 14 Posts