Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was really reinforced when I looked at the long range report in Road and Track today.
All that horsepower and the 0-60 in an R/T was 6.2. :eek: I know it's heavy....but???
That's like stock 305 '89 IROC quick.
Yikes. I'm guessing an SS will be pulling 5.0 to 5.3 easy, for about the same gas mileage and price.

I was disappointed driving that car, so if Chevy tries to stab me, my only real option will be an SXRT. Not really an option in my mind.
I might be waiting a while to buy that car I'm dying to.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
camaro will be sub 5 at least (ss camaro)
the g8 gxp does a 4.5 or something..
camaro=lighter and more horse
That's exciting. I really was let down driving the RT. The steering didn't seem all that responsive.
It probably wouldn't have seemed as bad if I hadn't driven to the dealer in my Z-28.
Even if I go with a stripped down SS, I think I'll be happiest going that route.:cool:

·
8,984 Posts
That's exciting. I really was let down driving the RT. The steering didn't seem all that responsive.
It probably wouldn't have seemed as bad if I hadn't driven to the dealer in my Z-28.
Even if I go with a stripped down SS, I think I'll be happiest going that route.:cool:
Don't get too excited he's not one of the elite.:eek:

·
Banned
1,136 Posts
I hate to break this to you Cletus, but after I read you using the word anachronym I became pretty sure you weren't either.

:thumbsup:
You have me rolling on the floor laughing...keep it up! :rotflmao:

·
Banned
4,153 Posts
I ask one question, if you aren't one of the focus group, how did you drive a new RT already? Maybe I am lost? Or maybe this is make believe....
He's talking about a Dodge Challenger RT. The middle model of the Challenger production. He doesn't know much about them and he's a smartass to to boot, so take his opinion with a grain of salt. He got pissy when he was simply corrected twice. Also, his numbers are a little off since they're getting a VERY real 5.9 0-60 and some RT owners are reporting 5.5's. The SRT8s have a 4.9 0-60, but have been reported as low as 4.6 real world.

The one thing about the Challenger is you don't feel the torque in accelerating like you do in other sports cars simply because it is so heavy. The ride is super smooth. The car is a nice car, it's stunning to look at in person, and the interior (though plain-jane) is EXTREMELY comfortable.

Is it just me, or should a part of your enthusiasm and love of the Camaro include knowing your competition as well as you know your Camaro? Of course, he doesn't know those very well either if he believes that the 2010 SS only needs to be capable of a 5.2 or 5.3. It sure as hell better be in the mid-4s. Oh, and late 80s IROCS with the 350 TPI only did 0-60 in 5.9. So the 305 comment is way off. I wasn't going to correct all of that...But I guess he should know so he can stop looking like a tool.

·
Registered
601 Posts
He's talking about a Dodge Challenger RT. The middle model of the Challenger production. He doesn't know much about them and he's a smartass to to boot, so take his opinion with a grain of salt. He got pissy when he was simply corrected twice. Also, his numbers are a little off since they're getting a VERY real 5.9 0-60 and some RT owners are reporting 5.5's. The SRT8s have a 4.9 0-60, but have been reported as low as 4.6 real world.

The one thing about the Challenger is you don't feel the torque in accelerating like you do in other sports cars simply because it is so heavy. The ride is super smooth. The car is a nice car, it's stunning to look at in person, and the interior (though plain-jane) is EXTREMELY comfortable.

Is it just me, or should a part of your enthusiasm and love of the Camaro include knowing your competition as well as you know your Camaro? Of course, he doesn't know those very well either if he believes that the 2010 SS only needs to be capable of a 5.2 or 5.3. It sure as hell better be in the mid-4s. Oh, and late 80s IROCS with the 350 TPI only did 0-60 in 5.9. So the 305 comment is way off. I wasn't going to correct all of that...But I guess he should know so he can stop looking like a tool.
LMAO!!! Thank you! The Challenger is nice to look at. But the Camaro is sex on wheels! Nice to see that the moderating staff is still alive and well! And expanded... I need to stop in more often so much new news and comedy!

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
He got pissy when he was simply corrected twice.

I thought I ***** slapped a rube that was being a condescending dick about green cars in yellow light, but that's just my honest opinion. I'll cover your reading comprehension again later.

Wow. When you feel like being courteous to take a shot at someone else, you can ignore people's inability to discern this was about the Challenger and their grammatical errors quite nicely. :thumbsup:

This is self fascination and snobbery, pure and simple. Ignores that I said guessing 5.0 -5.3, based on the fact my Z was stock 5.4 at 285 HP. Reeks of desperately trying to come up with a shot, and not having that solid of ammunition. Besides, who would be stupid enough to think Chevy will give me a quiz next spring when I open up a checkbook.
:)

·
Banned
4,153 Posts
I thought I ***** slapped a rube that was being a condescending dick about green cars in yellow light, but's just my honest opinion. I'll cover your reading comprehension again later.
You ***** slapped someone? Didn't catch that...Oh...insulting someone's intelligence is a ***** slap? Your right, only a ***** would lay down a slap that girlie and act like the "pwned" someone.
Wow. When you feel like being courteous to take a shot at someone else, you can ignore people's inability to discern this was about the Challenger and their grammatical errors quite nicely.
You didn't spell out Challenger, and you called it an SXRT...Very n00b mistake. Far more so than mixing up "RS" and "RT."
This is self fascination and snobbery, pure and simple. Ignores that I said guessing 5.0 -5.3, based on the fact my Z was stock 5.4 at 285 HP. Reeks of desperately trying to come up with a shot, and not having that solid of ammunition. Besides, who would be stupid enough to think Chevy will give me a quiz next spring when I open up a checkbook.:)
So you want to compair a 2010 with a ****ty early 4th gen? Chevy won't give you a quiz, but your peers that may be driving the competition will expect you to know what the f you're talking about when you're bench racing. Maybe you're kin with the mustang owner in this topic: http://www.5thgen.org/forum/showthread.php?t=9296

1 - 20 of 91 Posts