Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hello, i work at a GM dealer and here is my project, i have a 2ss auto trans ordered and here is my replacement engine built and waiting for its new home

LS3 stroker 415ci, 4" stroke crank, h-beam rods, mahle pistons, cnc ported LS3 heads with pac springs, comp cam,

long tube headers (my car has been chosen by a major header company to be the test car for their stainless long tubes and 3" x-pipe)

yank 3000rpm converter

hp tuners

engine is now complete and ready to go

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks like you will have a real street terror. What cam specs are you going to run ?

im going to start with the Comp Cams XR281HR, intake 228 exhaust 230 (@.050") 0.571" intake .573" exhaust 112 LSA

i had this cam in my L92 head 6.0L s-10 and it ran great, this stroker LS3 having 50ci more than the 6.0L will tame this cam down a bit but it should still make good power

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
this cam was actually very smooth at idle in my 6.0 engine, it idled better than the gm hotcam i had in it before

and i have hp tuners, so i will be able to dial in the tune

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
got the correct camaro oil pan installed and the front cover, engine has been pre-lubed/pressurized with oil

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
whenever the car comes in ill be swapping engines the next weekend

·
Registered
27 Posts
Wow - quite a build! :drool:

Do you have an estimated HP & Torque?

Interested in selling the original?

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
from what i have seen other stroker engines this size(6.8L) make around 500hp at the wheels, should be easy 550-580hp at the engine

ill be keeping the stock engine, maybe for another project

·
Registered
27 Posts
I asked about the original as I am planning a GTM kit car the summer of 2010 and just starting to look for the Corvette suspension and LS engine for the build.

Good luck with your project.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Very impressive lol The way Gm should have built the Automatic Camaro with an LS3 :thumbsup:
yeah, or never should have offered an auto LS3 in the first place. None of this teasing with the G8 LS3 auto and Corvette LS3 auto :(

they probably wanted to make the Camaro affordable, which is kool :thumbsup:

I just hope AFM and the 6000 rpm redline don't diminish tuning potential from the LS3 to L99 setup

may I ask what the setup you have costs? :drool:

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
yeah, or never should have offered an auto LS3 in the first place. None of this teasing with the G8 LS3 auto and Corvette LS3 auto :(

I just hope AFM and the 6000 rpm redline don't diminish tuning potential from the LS3 to L99 setup

i have hptuners software, there will be no 6000rpm redline, and i am removing all the afm parts and tuning out afm

just over $7000 in the engine

·
Premium Member
4,109 Posts

Affordable is the key.....LS3 with Auto trans would have mandated the gas guzzler tax.:(

·
Registered
208 Posts
i have hptuners software, there will be no 6000rpm redline, and i am removing all the afm parts and tuning out afm

just over $7000 in the engine
that's awesome, definitely out my high school budget(to spend on a car that I don't own yet that is)

good luck :thumbsup: and keep us updated on how it goes :5go:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts