Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
ok, so the weather here is totally crappy today, but i had to go out and give my new baby a quick wash and snap a few pics. here's my new beater: a 2010 Buick LaCrosse.

there were lots of good guesses :D jeremy was the first to guess a Buick, but el ess x was the first to be spot on with his LaCrosse guess. good eye, my man! :thumbsup:

all of you that guessed CTS (and specifically wagon), you definitely heard my pining for one as i am still planning to get one of those eventually. i just couldn't afford a CTS wagon right now (it's 10K more than the Buick). i really wanted the CTS wagon, but it's just not financially feasible at the moment. but i leased this LaCrosse for four years and when that lease is up, i should definitely be able to get into a Caddy :D

the good thing about the LaCrosse is that its Cadillac luxury at a Buick price. we first saw the LaCrosse up close at Epcot's GM Test Track, actually. they had one here at the auto show in 2009, but it was all locked up and you couldn't get a good look at the interior... which is what sold this car for me. once we sat in one at Disney World, i was very impressed. then at the auto show this year they had one you could sit in and i was definitely considering the LaCrosse as a contender if i couldn't afford the Caddy. so, here we are and now i have a kick ass beater!! woohoo!!

oh and it has ambient lighting like the 5th gen Camaro and the same exact key/fob. this is a base model CX with the 3.0L and it's pretty macked out. the only option i got on the car is convenience pkg #1 which included remote start, dual zone climate, bluetooth, power passenger seat, etc. pretty **** sweet for under 30K.

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
Well, nobody can every accuse you of NOT having the "stones" to buy a new Buick!! (sorry, I just had to)

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the sad thing is, i'm not really tired of the roadmaster. i've driven him daily for 5 years now and he's been a great car for me. he acted up when he had transmission problems (he did have 151K on him at the time) but i've since had the trans rebuilt and he is back to running great. i really liked being able to drive a big boat with a 350 V8 and get 30MPG on the hwy and be able to tow 5,000 lbs. and even though he had lots of bells and whistles for a 92 model (like auto climate, power lumbar, etc), he didn't have some of the newest gadgetry and creature comforts of the newer cars like onstar, dual zone AC (a MUST with me and Scott), and an alarm and stuff like that.

i'm not big on FWD cars, but the handling is good and power to get the car moving is there (i hate slow cars). this will be the first FWD and non-V8 car in our entire collection. and hey, it's a lease so if i decide to go back to RWD V8's... i can do so :D

the sad thing is, i will have to sell the roadmaster eventually. i'm gonna put him on the market, but i'm not in a rush really to get rid of him... i'm gonna really cry when i he goes :(

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
My fiance and I were talking about the LaCrosse this afternoon to replace her G6 coupe. The 2011 is dropping the 3.0, so it's either 2.4 or 3.6 going forward. The consensus is the 3.0 is quite underpowered -- what do you think?

The only thing that I do not like about the Buick is the rear bumper looks kinda goofy and expansive like a forehead on all but the CXS model. I'm also not really into wood grain whatsoever. I wish they'd let you have the option for brushed steel.

Anyway, congrats!

·
Admin/ChevyBlazerRep
4,638 Posts
I was hoping you were going to surprise us with this

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,818 Posts
Congrats on the NEW car Salena. I'm glad to hear you are feeling better as well :thumbsup: Wish I could have met you Friday however I understand the circumstances that happened.
Eric called Saturday and told me you were coming up and I had no way of getting away from what I was doing to come and see yall :(:(:(

glad to see yall got your new car......love the license plate btw :thumbsup:

·
Registered
322 Posts
Nice choice Selena! In that price range, no other car compares to the ride of a Buick. We have a few Lacrosses and Lucernes as company cars where I work and I actually look forward to off-site meetings so I can drive them.

Congrats!

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
Supporting Super Moderator
2,416 Posts
My fiance and I were talking about the LaCrosse this afternoon to replace her G6 coupe. The 2011 is dropping the 3.0, so it's either 2.4 or 3.6 going forward. The consensus is the 3.0 is quite underpowered -- what do you think?

Anyway, congrats!
Doesn't seem to be underpowered. Can't really tell much difference. The Buick sales guy also claims he doesn't feel much different between 3.0 or 3.6. If rumors are true the 2.4 will be the base motor. Just glad to get one with a 3.0. I have no faith in any 4 banger.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts