Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is kind of strange. About two weeks ago I posted in here how 25% of the staff at the company I work for had been layed off and I was being forced to take a pay cut of 25%, therefore I could not get my Camaro which was about to arrive any day.

Well things got crazier. The boss came to us three days later and gave us back over 15% of what he had just taken away, and promised to restore the rest with in 6 weeks. :confused: The guys that lost their jobs, well a week later the good ones got hired back! :cool:

At this point my wife was pushing me to get the car as I had waited 4 months for it and 6 weeks with a 10% pay decrease is nothing. So I called up the dealer not knowing what to expect since I have gotten my deposit back already, I figured they would think I was a crazy person. The were very cool and told me the car had just arrived 10 minutes before I called. I picked it up last Thursday night, and it sitting in my garage now. 2SS/RS IOM with the IOM interior. The car is amazing and I can't believe it worked out I had truely put it out of my mind. Better yet things have improved hughly at work the money is pouring in and things look very stable. Life can throw you some curves sometimes.

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
WOW...that's very cool. Truly is funny how things work out. Congrats on the car!!!

·
Admin/ChevyBlazerRep
4,638 Posts
Wow I am suprised they let you still have the car after they gave you your deposit back. Life is very tricky Congrats on the camaro:thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
This is kind of strange. About two weeks ago I posted in here how 25% of the staff at the company I work for had been layed off and I was being forced to take a pay cut of 25%, therefore I could not get my Camaro which was about to arrive any day.

Well things got crazier. The boss came to us three days later and gave us back over 15% of what he had just taken away, and promised to restore the rest with in 6 weeks. :confused: The guys that lost their jobs, well a week later the good ones got hired back! :cool:

At this point my wife was pushing me to get the car as I had waited 4 months for it and 6 weeks with a 10% pay decrease is nothing. So I called up the dealer not knowing what to expect since I have gotten my deposit back already, I figured they would think I was a crazy person. The were very cool and told me the car had just arrived 10 minutes before I called. I picked it up last Thursday night, and it sitting in my garage now. 2SS/RS IOM with the IOM interior. The car is amazing and I can't believe it worked out I had truely put it out of my mind. Better yet things have improved hughly at work the money is pouring in and things look very stable. Life can throw you some curves sometimes.
Sounds like your boss actually gives a flip about his workers. That is great to hear.

·
Registered
514 Posts
I am glad to hear all turned out well for you and family. It is great to hear some good news about a company istead of all that laying off crap. Enjoy the Camaro...as I will when mine arrives (same as yours...:D)

·
Premium Member
1,109 Posts

NOICE!!!!!

Dude congrats on that. You earned that 100%!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Good story. I bought my car when i was told i would be losing my job in a couple of months. The company already had PO's to demo the place! Well, the market turned around and the plant is making more money now than ever! I decided when i bought mine to take a leap of faith and pray! Put your life in God's hands and everything will work out.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Awesome story, Awesome color! Housing business here in PA is finally coming around a little, our company had to make a few cuts, but nothing life threatening. Glad to hear it all worked out for you!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts