Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Enjoy my camaro is super dirty and temps don't want to warm up to 40:angry:
Here's some pics of my new toyz. Sullivan Racing Pedals, Camaro Fuel Door, Hurst Shifter and my 5202 Plasma Bulbs for my fogs.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
6,759 Posts
why is PRND on both sides of the shifter? thats kinda weird lookin.

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
Looks Good, what other mods do U have planed??

·
Registered
358 Posts
Looks Great ! How did you get the fog lights to come on with the HIDs
It's easy, all you do is tap into the side marker lights. I used a T-Tap but my brother tells me that they are vulnerable to corrosion so this spring I plan to take the front end off and do a proper solder connection. This makes the halos and fogs on all the time. I can get you the wire colors if you want but all you have to do is remember that black is always the ground wire.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Crazy82, I like the shifter. How much?

·
Registered
226 Posts
CarCrazy82:

Nice mods! I noticed you've got a (DefenderWorx?) locking fuel door. I just got one and will be installing it soon. I'm curious about reinserting the spring loaded device that pops out the stock door when you push on it. (Don't know what to call it!) Did you use the doublesided tape to reinstall it or will it lock into place as it did before without the tape? I'm a littel hesitant to use the tape because if I ever want to uninstall it, that might make the job a whole lot harder. Anything else you can tell me about the installation that might help me avoid problems would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your time.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Well, I installed the DefenderWorx locking fuel door today. All went pretty smoothly except the little spring loaded door opener's plunger kept interferring with the locking lug on the door. I had to snip off the tip with some diagonal cutting pliers. After that, it worked well.

I am a bit concerned about how well the doublesided tape will keep its grip though. I'm thinking anyone with a screwdriver could probably pry it open. I might try putting a screw threw the housing into the plunger body to keep it firmly in place. That'll make it so they'll need a bigger screwdriver to pry it open!

For the time being, I'm happy with it.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
CRAZY

I haven't POSTED on HERE FOREVER! Over the last few months I haven't done much to my camaro.

I added some door handle pull lights and some custom hockey stripes:D I also have been dealing with some issues. My front splitter on my gfx starting to fall off for the 3rd time so my dealer took off all the double sided tape and used black beaded silicone looks ALOT better ha! I was dealing with a exhaust rattle again took care of that issue took a $2 shimmy and cushioned the noise:D I Last month I was driving my camaro and starting to smell burning wires. The same day started smelling anti freeze. I had anti-freeze leaking in between my air vents. My car sat at the dealer for two weeks. The second week I didn't care because I was out in Vegas on vacation. They fixed my car while I was gone and the day I flew back I got to pick up my camaro as a welcome home treat. They had to tear apart my whole dash and cut my front windshield out in order to get to the part but it got fixed. I still smell anti freeze but I guess the smell takes FOREVER to get out. I also have been having issues with my brights not turning on and I have a new relay switch on order. I guess it's fun milking your factory warranty:D Another than that I STILL LOVE here. Here's some latest pics of her.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Sweet ride, man! :thumbsup: Hope they get all the glitches out before the warranty runs out. :D

Bill

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Sweet ride, man! :thumbsup: Hope they get all the glitches out before the warranty runs out. :D

Bill
I'm a chick! Still have plenty of warranty left till January 25, 2013. So at least I'm covered. The dealer has been fixing everything I complain about so it's good:thumbsup: I'm planning on wiring some leds again to light up my door pockets.:D

·
Registered
676 Posts
I'm a chick! Still have plenty of warranty left till January 25, 2013. So at least I'm covered. The dealer has been fixing everything I complain about so it's good:thumbsup: I'm planning on wiring some leds again to light up my door pockets.:D
OOPS! Sorry. :D I'm an old hippie so everyone is "man" to me. :lol:

Still I like the ride!!! Bet it's awesome all lit up at nite!

Bill

1 - 20 of 21 Posts