Modern Camaro Forums banner

MyLink Freezing

3K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  nightwing91 
#1 ·
So about 6 months ago I got a notification from Chevy saying my 2013 RS had a software upgrade for the Mylink system and I had to option of making an appointment at a dealer or purchasing the USB myself and upgrading. I went with the latter. Until now I've not had any issues but about a week ago I drove my car to the gym, everything worked fine but when I got back in and connected my Ipod, it was like the mylink was frozen on the home screen. The oddest part was the radio was playing but then slowly faded out. I turned the car off/on several times, opened the door all of that. Nothing worked. Every time I would turn the car on the screen on the mylink would be the same home screen, it wouldn't start up like normal. By the time I got home I turned the car off/on one more time and...it rebooted and worked fine. Yesterday (about 2wks after the first incident) everything was working fine, I stopped for gas, and when I got back in my car the my link wouldn't come on at all. I did the same think as before, drove home and let it sit for about 30mins when I got home and tried starting again and it rebooted and is working fine again.

Have any of you guys had this happen? A friend of mine who is a GM certified mechanic told me I may need to take it into the dealer and have everything reprogrammed...if that's the case do any of you guys know how much that would run me?

#4 ·
Awesome guys, any info about he recall you could give me would be much appreciated. I didn't know there was a possible recall.

I did call the dealer today and they said it would be like ~$80 to reprogram. Which isn't bad but free is always better haha.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.