Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you care and, if so, who do you route for?

Jeff Gordon and his Chevy SS here ...

·
Premium Member
6,258 Posts
.... ....
yay

·
Registered
4,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Premium Member
6,258 Posts
yep!

racin's one of those sports that's more fun to DO than watch.

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
yep!

racin's one of those sports that's more fun to DO than watch.
and some racin' is more fun to watch than others... you know, the kind where you gotta do more than mash the gas, lift, turn left every once in awhile then repeat! Let the flame wars begin!! :lol:

·
ユキヒョウ
1,442 Posts
Cool.....this year I'll dvr the races and ffwd 'til the last 20-30 miles. Same goes for F1

·
Registered
4,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
and some racin' is more fun to watch than others... you know, the kind where you gotta do more than mash the gas, lift, turn left every once in awhile then repeat! Let the flame wars begin!! :lol:
Love Martinsville, just renewed our fall tickets

·
Premium Member
6,258 Posts
Demo derby is fun to watch. Probably painful to participate.

·
Registered
357 Posts
live 15 minutes from Watkins Glen --love Nascar and root for Dale Jr-:thumbsup:-have many drivers I really like and a couple I don't care for at all:p

·
Registered
4,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I just wish more of the ones I kind of like drove Chevys ... I'm definitely not rooting for a Toyota (I own one but not rooting for one in NASCAR) and its hard to root for a Ford

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Football season is over....I won't watch sports again until it starts up again in September. Mike on the other hand....watches BBall...Baseball....car racing....you name it

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Huge racing fan, not just NASCAR; Sprint Cars, Late Models, UMP Modifieds, Indy Car, Drag Racing.... I'm a fan of all of them.

Raced open wheel modifieds for 5 years back in Jefferson City, MO. Grew up with Carl Edwards, racing against him at Capital Speedway in Holts Summit, MO and Moberly MO.

Regardless of what type of racing, they all take skills and are harder to do than one could imagine. It's so easy to say that all they do is "turn left".....

·
Registered
4,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Huge racing fan, not just NASCAR; Sprint Cars, Late Models, UMP Modifieds, Indy Car, Drag Racing.... I'm a fan of all of them.

Raced open wheel modifieds for 5 years back in Jefferson City, MO. Grew up with Carl Edwards, racing against him at Capital Speedway in Holts Summit, MO and Moberly MO.

Regardless of what type of racing, they all take skills and are harder to do than one could imagine. It's so easy to say that all they do is "turn left".....
Carl Edwards is one of those drivers I spoke of, but he went from Ford to Toyota, so I'm not gonna root for him.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
^^^^ I agree, I never cheered for him when we raced each other nor did I ever cheer for him once he made it into the Truck Series. Ironically, the owner of his first truck ride was from Missouri as well. Don't get me wrong, I was extremely proud of him. It's an honor to have all of our old "racing programs" signed by him, pictures of him racing.... But when he signed with Jack Roush, I couldn't cheer for him. :thumsup:

·
ユキヒョウ
1,442 Posts
With Jeff Gordon set to retire after this season...don't really know who I'm going to root for :confused:

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
With Jeff Gordon set to retire after this season...don't really know who I'm going to root for :confused:
Nancy, I'm right there with you woman!! I've been following and cheering for JG since he raced Sprint Cars. In fact, I'll never forget watching him sling mud at such a young age. Growing up in the dirt ranks, I always wanted to follow his foot steps. Unfortunately, I never had the talent or gifted skills that he had.

With that being said, Chase Elliot is a dang good choice, IMO, to take over the 24. If you've never been to Dawsonville GA, I highly encourage it. I respect and love the fact that the Elliots never left there. The entire small town revolves around them, and to the people there, Bill & Chase are just one of them. They represent the entire town. I give Bill Elliot a LOT more respect after visiting their home town, seeing his shop, visiting the Hall of Fame that is there, and just learning more about that family. The fact that they have a Moonshine Distillery built into and next to the City Hall left me speechless!! :eek:

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
And they are making aanooother left turn.....

·
Registered
4,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
And they are making aanooother left turn.....
Awwwww, come on ... you know they make right turns at Sonoma and Watkins Glen

·
ユキヒョウ
1,442 Posts
Nancy, I'm right there with you woman!! I've been following and cheering for JG since he raced Sprint Cars. In fact, I'll never forget watching him sling mud at such a young age. Growing up in the dirt ranks, I always wanted to follow his foot steps. Unfortunately, I never had the talent or gifted skills that he had.

With that being said, Chase Elliot is a dang good choice, IMO, to take over the 24. If you've never been to Dawsonville GA, I highly encourage it. I respect and love the fact that the Elliots never left there. The entire small town revolves around them, and to the people there, Bill & Chase are just one of them. They represent the entire town. I give Bill Elliot a LOT more respect after visiting their home town, seeing his shop, visiting the Hall of Fame that is there, and just learning more about that family. The fact that they have a Moonshine Distillery built into and next to the City Hall left me speechless!! :eek:

Back in the day, I also liked Bill Elliot too even though he ran a Ford...If Chase takes after his dad, then he'll be a good replacement in the #24.

·
Registered
4,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Back in the day, I also liked Bill Elliot too even though he ran a Ford...If Chase takes after his dad, then he'll be a good replacement in the #24.
I'm debating where to go next year ... join the wife on the Jimmy Johnson bandwagon or go with Chase ... I am glad he ended up in the Hendrick group since I am rooting for that team and almost certainly would have stayed Johnson, if he hadn't. I'm going to let this year play out before I decide. I'll have to watch a few more Nationwide races this year.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts