Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone, what would everybody think of a Nation Wide Camaro Meet And Greet at our own local Papa John's Pizza Parlor's throughout the country?!

This past August 26th, Papa John's gave away a free pizza to everyone who showed up in a Camaro, regardless of year. I went, got my pizza, and ended up making some of my best Camaro friends that day.

I was just talking it over with the guys and thought we'd throw up a thread wondering if enough drivers throughout the land would like to have a National Meet and Greet on the exact same day at their local Papa John's Pizza Parlors!

This is all in the early stages, but think about it. It would be a nice way to say thanks to Papa Johns for their Camaro support, and also a way to flex some Camaro Muscle...if we could pull it off!

This doesn't have to be done right away. Maybe in two or three months, so as to really get the word out! If we start getting some support in this thread, then we can start up a poll as to the best date to choose. Heck, once Papa Johns gets wind of it, who knows, they might even cut us a little bit of a deal since every one of their Pizza Parlors will be the center of one heck of a Camaro Car Show!!!

We are working on getting Papa John's cooperation with this event, but nothing is concrete as of yet- will keep you posted on any changes. Until then, plan on coming out and seeing some cars, and meeting some new people!

The Location: Nation Wide!!! (Get together and choose up your own PJ's locally if there are multiple locations. Although if you live in a city where the turnout may be huge, everybody may have to be split up amongst them. Get in touch with each other and decide for yourselves.)

The Date: August 26, 2010

The Time: 6pm - however long everyone wants to stay...but 2 hours anyway sounds good.

So far Papa John's is not behind this, so do NOT go there expecting a free pizza!!!!

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, tell everyone! :D We want this thing to reach as many Camaro owners as possible!

·
Registered
811 Posts
Hey Everyone, what would everybody think of a Nation Wide Camaro Meet And Greet at our own local Papa John's Pizza Parlor's throughout the country?!

This past August 26th, Papa John's gave away a free pizza to everyone who showed up in a Camaro, regardless of year. I went, got my pizza, and ended up making some of my best Camaro friends that day.

I was just talking it over with the guys and thought we'd throw up a thread wondering if enough drivers throughout the land would like to have a National Meet and Greet on the exact same day at their local Papa John's Pizza Parlors!

This is all in the early stages, but think about it. It would be a nice way to say thanks to Papa Johns for their Camaro support, and also a way to flex some Camaro Muscle...if we could pull it off!

This doesn't have to be done right away. Maybe in two or three months, so as to really get the word out! If we start getting some support in this thread, then we can start up a poll as to the best date to choose. Heck, once Papa Johns gets wind of it, who knows, they might even cut us a little bit of a deal since every one of their Pizza Parlors will be the center of one heck of a Camaro Car Show!!!

We are working on getting Papa John's cooperation with this event, but nothing is concrete as of yet- will keep you posted on any changes. Until then, plan on coming out and seeing some cars, and meeting some new people!

The Location: Nation Wide!!! (Get together and choose up your own PJ's locally if there are multiple locations. Although if you live in a city where the turnout may be huge, everybody may have to be split up amongst them. Get in touch with each other and decide for yourselves.)

The Time: 6pm - however long everyone wants to stay...but 2 hours anyway sounds good.

So far Papa John's is not behind this, so do NOT go there expecting a free pizza!!!!
Revo, why would I associate with a Gen 4 owner? I'd buy a pizza and then yack all over your car because it sucks. Hahahahaha!!!! I'm kidding man. Sounds like a plan but we need to encourage Papa John to hand us out a free pizza, even if it is a small personal pie. That was fun as hell last year!! :lol:

P.S. - Dude, I WISH my Gen 4 looked like yours. If I owned your car, I probably wouldn't have a Gen 5 to be honest. I miss my Gen 4 V6 R/S Convertible though. :(

·
Premium Member
4,818 Posts
Rev if you have a facebook get on papa johns facebook page and keep making a post about it. I'm sure he or someone he knows gets on it and may see it and take the idea and run with it.

Not meaning Free pizza but run with it meaning make it a day or advertiszement for PJ's

·
Registered
811 Posts
They are hitting this hard over on C5 and trying to get Papa Johns involved
Papa John himself might be on board but we need to stress that is is not a ploy to extort free food out of him. Allow him to decide what he wants to do and if he wants to be involved. See where it goes, if anywhere. In the very least, he cannot stop us from arranging our own meets at PJ locations. :)

·
Premium Member
6,258 Posts
Parking at our local PJs is street parking, and very little of that!

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Papa John himself might be on board but we need to stress that is is not a ploy to extort free food out of him. Allow him to decide what he wants to do and if he wants to be involved. See where it goes, if anywhere. In the very least, he cannot stop us from arranging our own meets at PJ locations. :)
Still waiting to hear back, been tryin real hard to get ahold of Papa! GO SScattergunSS! (and Cynagain, she's been really pushing this one too!)

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Revo, why would I associate with a Gen 4 owner? I'd buy a pizza and then yack all over your car because it sucks. Hahahahaha!!!! I'm kidding man. Sounds like a plan but we need to encourage Papa John to hand us out a free pizza, even if it is a small personal pie. That was fun as hell last year!! :lol:

P.S. - Dude, I WISH my Gen 4 looked like yours. If I owned your car, I probably wouldn't have a Gen 5 to be honest. I miss my Gen 4 V6 R/S Convertible though. :(
LOL!!! I just saw this comment, ya durty baystid! We gotta race someday so your car can GET BEAT DOWN BY A 4th GEN!!!

And by 'get beat down', I mean SPANK ALL OVER MY 4th GEN :lol:

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Rev if you have a facebook get on papa johns facebook page and keep making a post about it. I'm sure he or someone he knows gets on it and may see it and take the idea and run with it.

Not meaning Free pizza but run with it meaning make it a day or advertiszement for PJ's
I do and, we even have a group page thing set up for the event :D

I'll post back later with the URL

·
Registered
130 Posts
I'll be there. Is it official now?
Facebook page has this:

Description:The Location: Papa John's Nation Wide!!!

The Time: 6pm - 8pm

·
Registered
811 Posts
I do and, we even have a group page thing set up for the event :D

I'll post back later with the URL
The way it is worded Revo1, it sounds like a Camaro5.com exclusive. Unless they are the only Gen5 website sponsoring the event, I would ask the guys over there to generalize their credit. I'm sure the :5go: guys and other sponsors and websites will be adding their share of assistance and rightfully deserve their due credit as well. Nothing against C5, but it takes more than one website to help popularize 5th Gen Camaros (as well as other generations of Camaros), and their "Meet and Greets."

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The way it is worded Revo1, it sounds like a Camaro5.com exclusive. Unless they are the only Gen5 website sponsoring the event, I would ask the guys over there to generalize their credit. I'm sure the :5go: guys and other sponsors and websites will be adding their share of assistance and rightfully deserve their due credit as well. Nothing against C5, but it takes more than one website to help popularize 5th Gen Camaros (as well as other generations of Camaros), and their "Meet and Greets."
Point taken man, I'll pass the word along... Don't want anyone to feel unwelcome, we want every Camaro driving MFer in the free world out there if possible LOL :5go:

You're spamming it right? :cool:

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'll be there. Is it official now?
Facebook page has this:

Description:The Location: Papa John's Nation Wide!!!

The Time: 6pm - 8pm
Yessir! Whether or not PJ's wants to actively participate, we're going to be there! Hopefully they will, but it's not requisite to have a good time :thumbsup:

·
Registered
811 Posts
Alright DX, group name changed :5go:
Hahaha!! Wow dude, I didn't think anybody would ever listen to me. C5 is responsible for a boatload of information and exposure, but to be fair, there are many other hardworking people out there that do much to promote this car and set up M&G's. Hylton is a perfect example of this and I know you work your butt off trying to organize things as well Rev!! Thanks for listening to my suggestion and I hope it doesn't upset anybody. We're all happy Camaro owners, regardless of generation. :) :thumbsup:

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hahaha!! Wow dude, I didn't think anybody would ever listen to me. C5 is responsible for a boatload of information and exposure, but to be fair, there are many other hardworking people out there that do much to promote this car and set up M&G's. Hylton is a perfect example of this and I know you work your butt off trying to organize things as well Rev!! Thanks for listening to my suggestion and I hope it doesn't upset anybody. We're all happy Camaro owners, regardless of generation. :) :thumbsup:
No worries man, we just want to see as many people come out as possible! Just make sure and tell everyone you know! :D

·
Registered
811 Posts
You got it man!! Any word from Papa John himself yet?

1 - 20 of 46 Posts