Modern Camaro Forums banner

Navigation for a 2014 2LT/RS

2K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Deputy347k9 
#1 ·
Gents I have a question regarding the remote possibility of installing Navigation into my 2014 convertible, 2LT/RS package Camaro. This car has every thing one could imagine, was special ordered but not with the Navigation unit? Car currently had 4, 454 miles on the clock.

I have read an earlier post that regarding a 2010, to my limited knowledge the 2014 is quite different.

I was praying this would be as simple as purchasing a 2014/2015 Navigation unit and plug and play, don't think this is the case.

Looking for suggestions as well as the best way to approach this without spending umpteen thousand dollars.

In advance my many thanks and blessings.
Larry

#2 ·
Even though no one has offered any advise I am going to add two pictures, hoping this will make my request more understandable.

As you can see in the pictures I have everything "except" navigation, I am hoping that all I would need to find the very same unit (only with navigation) and plug and play?

Is this possible?

PLEASE chime in with your advise.

Thanks
Larry

Attachments

#4 ·
Anthony, sorry for such a long delay in not replying. I have been on another Forum that seems to be more active. To answer your question, it is NOT just an software upgrade. You have to have a main box (radio) that has Navigation. The type stereo you have (I have Boston Acoustics) is programmed into the radio.

Besides the main box you will also need the "Touch Screen" face plate, if you have heated seats than the face plate must have that also.

If you already have "MyLink" in your 2014 then you will only need an antenna that installs in the back of the new radio that just stays hidden up under the dash.

The main box and faceplate will cost you some money! You will also have to spend about $300.00 getting it programmed, your VIN needs to be added so your able to add OnStar or XM radio.

GEN5DIY sells everything you need, costly but better than purchasing something you don't know if it's going to work or not. Their unit comes programmed they way you want it setup.

Your best bet is to telephone Jarod at 928-505-1383. He will answer all your questions with honest answers.

You can PM me if you have further, wishing you the best of luck. Larry

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.