Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK...so I lowered my Camaro an inch, now my "low profile" craftsman jack wont fit.:BangHead: The saddle is low enough, but the side rails right behind it are too high.

So...anyone have any suggestions for a decent and low jack? I don't mind spending $200-300...rather not just get an $85 "made in china" piece of junk.

These are the ones I'm looking at:

This looks like it's the "Cadillac" of floor jacks:

http://www.griotsgarage.com/product/in+your+garage/jacks+&+stands/2-ton+floor+jack.do

and there's these...

http://www.napaonline.com/Search/Detail.aspx?R=NLE7916402_0006396327

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/SUM-G1020/

^^looks the same as this one...
http://www.sjdiscounttools.com/int200t.html

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
I don't mind spending a little more to get a decent jack.
True.
Speaking of jacks..I should probably get one to keep in the G5's trunk so if I ever need one I won't be stuck using the scissor jack.
But I'm also poor..so this one is looking extremely good to me:
http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_00950113000P?vName=Tools&cName=Auto+&+Mechanics+Tools&sName=Lift+Equipment+&+Jacks :lol:

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
can't hurt to have in your trunk...if you ever need it, you'll be glad you had it.
True..I'm just thinking of how I would secure it in there..I don't think I have any thing to strap it to in there. I don't want a 20lb floor jack flying around in my trunk, lol
The reviews were entertaining..one guy complaining about it not lifting up his SUV.
But apparently he forgot that it is a 2 ton floor jack..and most SUV's weigh quite a bit more than that. :lol:

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
$149 to ship? Geeze..that makes GMpartsdirect's shipping prices seem reasonable!
*zing*
yeah...doesn't even give you an option to have it shipped to the store.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
OK...so I lowered my Camaro an inch, now my "low profile" craftsman jack wont fit.:BangHead:
Hey power just make some small ramps to get you high enough for your regular jack.. Go to HD and get some 10x2 wood and make some ramps.. Save the money and put it for more mods.. :thumbsup:

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Hey power just make some small ramps to get you high enough for your regular jack.. Go to HD and get some 10x2 wood and make some ramps.. Save the money and put it for more mods.. :thumbsup:
yeah, good suggestion. Although I'm not a big fan of ramps...considering it. If I can sell my current jack, I'll buy a new one...if not, 2x10's will work.

your local...wanna buy a nice craftsman aluminum floor jack?

·
Registered
4,449 Posts
**** i didn't realize how expensive jacks are. luckily i haven't really needed one yet since i havent lowered my car... i'll be ordering some drop springs and sway bars in the spring, so this will be something good for me to have. i'm going to try and install it myself and then take it to get aligned to save on install cost. so i will be needing a low profile jack.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Powerfreak, I wouldnt buy anything from Harbor Freight, nor would I ever build homemade ramps for my new Camaro, its the old, get what you pay for. If we learned one thing from many years of building hot rods is, there is a difference in tools. The cheaper brands are for hobbyists, and as my father says...doing crafts. Once you start buying Mac, Snap-On, S&K, you really realize that there is a difference. Now your original question, I've used the one from Summit several times and have great results with it and would recomend it.

·
Registered
4,449 Posts
Powerfreak, I wouldnt buy anything from Harbor Freight, nor would I ever build homemade ramps for my new Camaro, its the old, get what you pay for. If we learned one thing from many years of building hot rods is, there is a difference in tools. The cheaper brands are for hobbyists, and as my father says...doing crafts. Once you start buying Mac, Snap-On, S&K, you really realize that there is a difference. Now your original question, I've used the one from Summit several times and have great results with it and would recomend it.
most of my tools are craftsman, how do they compare to Mac, Snap-on, & S&K?

·
Registered
39 Posts
As with anything else, you get what you pay for. I have had the Griot's garage low profile jack for 8 years now and it has held up wonderfully and still looks and works like new. It was expensive, but worth it.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts